About Me

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Broke the news...

Yesterday, I told my team that I would soon be leaving. Some of them were kind of expecting it. Some of them were shocked. I received some nice e-mails one of which made me cry. Showed it to mom and she cried too. She told me she was very proud of me. That stll feels nice even at 52 (almost).

I also met the new COO lady yesterday night at dinner. She is 10 years younger than I am. Seems like a nice person but time will tell. I treated her very kindly and told her that till my last day, I will support her and make her transition smooth.

I think the GM is very afraid that I would tell people, the company is no longer a good place to work and that more people will leave. What a poor judgement of my character!

I want the people I leave behind to be happy. I have spent so much time with them. I have told them and will keep telling that the company is now growing, there will be new opportunities for the ones who want to grab them. The only key to grow at work is to work hard and put in a lot of effort. I will not see them every day, but I will be there when they need to talk. They are good people and deserve the best that this company can offer.

I feel very relieved and happy and content.

2 comments:

  1. No matter how old I should be, my mother being proud of me was important. However, she died while I was in early forties. I know you will be okay, but I wonder about those left behind. I suppose that only time will tell. Having everything out in the open must be a great relief to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May your mom rest in peace. I lost my dad just when I was 27. It was hard and it still is hard. He missed so many important milestones in our lives. But when mom says she is proud of us, that makes the sun shine.

      Delete