About Me

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Tick tock! to Retirement

I have 24 work days to go and I am starting to feel excited. I am making a list of things that I want to do more of when I retire so that, I have a new purpose in life. There are business related subjects and personal and health related things I want to do more of. I need structure and discipline in my life, otherwise, I may become a couch potato very easily.

Yesterday, the car was ready for me to pick-up. So, I left work around 2:30 p.m., called mom to see if she wanted to go with me to pick up the car. She agreed. I parked my company car in the gated parking area in my apartment complex. Since, it is a small place, every apartment is allowed to park only one car in that space and it is not even sufficient for all apartments. So, we park on the street which is not busy.

The friend who helped me buy the car came to give us a ride to the dealer's. As we were waiting for the last few things taken care of, we were offered coffee and mom was able to sip her coffee looking at the nice, shiny black Mustang GT that she loved. Lol!

I had my insurance broker issue the insurance policy before I took the car out of the dealer's. Then I drove to the nearest bank where they have the easy-pass stickers. It will be on auto-pay tied to my credit card. So, I am all set.

When I came back, I parked my new car in the gated parking lot and drove the other one out just to be nice to my neighbors. Needless to say, not all of them are as considerate as I am.

I want to go through all my clothing items and donate all that I am not going to use, leaving only a handful of work clothes and jackets for part-time work.

I have to do this after I take my mom to her home because if I start, she will want me to finish on the same day whereas I like to take my time. It will also be a good exercise since, I will know exactly what I need to buy while I am in the US. I do not see myself needing much.

I have gone through my shoes once but, I think I should do that one more time.

And my cell phone now plays "It's my life!" by Bon Jovi each time someone calls me :)



3 comments:

  1. New car! New life! New schedule! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thank you Linda. Sometimes I let "what ifs" get to me though. I will post on that soon.

      Delete
  2. oh how exciting to be so close! :) planning a bit of a schedule sounds good

    ReplyDelete