About Me

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Mutual Termination of My Contract, A Likely Car Purchase and stuff...

The GM sent me a draft of a mutual termination contract yesterday. I reviewed it, made some changes and sent it right back. He accepted all my terms so all is good. For now anyway.

Today, mom and I will go see a new-to-me car. I wasn't going to rush but, I have been told this is an exceptionally nice car gently used at just 6,250 miles on it. The friend who looked at the car told me there wasn't even a scratch on it. It is a 2017 but, it was put to use in early January 2018. It is being sold as Ford Escape in the US. Here it is called Ford Kuga. The price is good but a bit at the higher end of my budget. Thinking that I will use this car for at least 10 years, I think, what they offer is a good price. If I were buying brand new, I would be paying an extra USD 7,000. The taxes on cars in this country are outrageous so, I am definitely not buying brand new knowing that the car will depreciate several thousand TLs as soon as I drive off the seller's parking lot.

As for work; I will be leaving mid-August and going on vacation to the US. When I come back, I will rest all through September and head to my sister's for a week or so. Then I will drive down south to meet High School pals and may be spend a couple of days with an old colleague. Then, I will drive along the Mediterranean to meet up with mom and uncle. I will spend some time with them and take my mom back to Ankara for our routine cardio appointments.

And then what? I don't know.

All I know is:

- I will not have to do my grocery shopping over the weekends when the traffic is real bad and the shops are crowded.

- I will not have to drive to and from work eating up more than two hours of my time each day.

- I will not have to get upset about things at work.

- I will have more time to take care of myself, be with family, read, write, relax, volunteer, socialize...

- I will not have any excuses for not exercising or eating healthy. (Yeah! This is a good one)

- I will be happy!

As I start living the new life, I will expand this list I am sure.

Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. I am behind reading posts on other blogs, so here I am. There are a lot of positives in your new life. Be as diligent with diet and exercise as you are your budget and work life, and you will soon be svelte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I am determined to watch my health now that I have time to focus on eating well.

      Delete
  2. I wish you luck as well, and I have that car and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations, T'Pol. You have so much to look forward to. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to focus on my health now.

      Delete