About Me

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Cleaning out my desk at work

Before the company changed hands, I had cleaned out my work area and carried some stuff home. Couple of weeks ago, I did another round, getting rid of junk. I now have only a few things that I will need to take home. My replacement will have to share my work area for four weeks while I walk her through what she has to do.

I cleaned out my desk completely today. I will just take my fountain pen, my notebook, and my laptop when I finally walk out this place.

They will be leaving this current office by the end of August, moving to a plaza. This place is very nice with a large garden, fruit trees and picnic tables but, it has many infrastructure problems too. Also, it will not be sufficient for more people to be hired.

It will be the end of an era completely by then.

When my replacement starts working, I will cut down on the time I spend at work gradually so, she can be more comfortable.

I will also take her to meet the team in Ankara early August. The plan is, to take my mom back to her home to Ankara on the 11th, do her shopping. Most likely my uncle will come to Ankara to spend time with mom while I am away. Then he will drive her to Antalya where he spends most of his time. On Monday the 13th my replacement will fly to Ankara in the morning, meet me and the team at the office and later in the afternoon I will drive us back.

That will be my last week. I am getting pretty excited and finding it really weird because I am usually very cool. When I was being sent to the US for the first time at the ripe age of 22, to live on my own for the first time, to go abroad for the first time, to be on a plane for the first time, I did not feel any excitement whatsoever. I was cool as a cucumber. It must be about aging.


4 comments:

  1. At 22 you probably thought you knew it all. Now, you know better. LOL. Your present office sounds nice. I think moving to a more sterile area would be a shock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! You may be right. Ever since I was a little kid, I wanted to move away from home to a foreign country so, may be when that opportunity showed up, I just accepted it to be a natural thing.

      Delete
  2. I'm excited for you! The fact that ALL of your time is now going to be your own - not controlled by anyone else, is pretty exciting! I'm enjoying reading about your countdown! :-) We've been retired 8 years (I was 48) - we are loving every minute! I know you will, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie You did retire early. That is quiet an accomplishment. I am glad you are loving it.

      Delete