About Me

Friday, July 13, 2018

My bank account is lighter today...

This morning, I wired the rest of the payment for the car to the dealer and looking at that particular bank balance, I am feeling "OMG!"

I will be able to put back the money in the same account later in August. So, that's ok.

As a budget nerd, I have several spreadsheets, charts and etc. to follow my finances and when my savings line on a chart nose dives to a new level, it makes my heart ache.

I do not calculate my Net Worth including my assets. For me that is a meaningless number.

My ultimate goal in life is to live on my passive income, keep my savings at their current level and earn a little bit for travel and fun till I am 60 or so. When I reach that age, depending on my health, my family's situation, I may sell my current apartment and move somewhere else.

That is when my assets will become important. Shall I sell that apartment or this one? Shall I upgrade this car or that one? Do we still need two cars? Depending on our health, shall I live with some of my family members or not?

As I type this, I am stuck in a process meeting where I have zero interest and knowledge. Whatever...

1 comment: