About Me

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Loyalty Programs for Gas and a New Budget

As soon as I retire, I will have to start buying diesel for my car myself. Goodbye having the perk of the company paying for all car expenses and car lease!

So, I decided to look for loyalty programs and ease of use of major gas chains. Ideally, I would like to be able to pay for gas without having to get out of my car. 

There are so many campaigns, perks whatever that I started feeling dizzy and to my chagrin, none of them are so great. I guess, I will keep on using the two stations closest to my home and get out of the car to pay.

BTW, we do not have any Self-Serve stations in this country. 

Nevertheless, I will keep my ears and eyes open because, sometimes credit card companies may have campaigns and I can take advantage of those.

I also have to draw up a new budget. My income will be significantly lower so, I must lower some expense categories such as clothing, eating out and etc. My passive income covers all my living expenses. When I get part-time projects and make money, that money will be spent for travel.

So, I sat down today to figure out how much of an Emergency Fund I must have sitting in an easily reachable savings account. The rest of the money will be in savings accounts earning more interest. The economy is going downhill here in this country so, I have taken some precautions to protect my money.

My sister and I have also discussed our family assets and income and knowing that the youngest child born to this family is now 43, we think, we do not have to worry about the future. It is more my issue than my sister's. She is totally cool about it. She says "whatever will be, will be" and when and if push comes to shove, we will figure a solution out. She has a point.




3 comments:

  1. I remember as a kid we had self serve stations, but now just a few states have them. Like Oregon, you can't pump your own gas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mostly been to the states on the east coast so, I thought all states had self-serve stations. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. It is tough for planners to abide by "whatever will be will be" - but it sure does try and allow you to let go a bit. You will be fine in semi-retirement, you've been budgeting and planning for years - you've got this!

    ReplyDelete