About Me

Monday, December 6, 2021

Pleasure and Business

I met an old friend over lunch today. We had a lot to catch up on. Her daughters are studying in Munich, Germany. Older daughter is working on her Master's Degree and the young one is attending College. Both are Computer Engineers (or rather the younger will be one too). I consider them my nieces and am so proud of them. My friend and her husband are both Electronic Engineers and they have been amazing parents all through their kids' lives.

We reminisced about old days and laughed a lot. I am glad we both had the time. 

Later in the afternoon, I attended an interview of one of my short list candidates with the Client. He was very talkative and had told me all about his projects in detail, during our one-on-one but, today, he was a different man. I do not know. I would assume, one would sit down and prepare for an interview, list down the points to talk about, some successful projects and her/his contribution. Apparently, not. So, this one was a bust. 

I will call the next candidate and tell her how to prepare for this interview. Sigh...

I will be meeting babyhood friends tomorrow. Hope, everyone has a nice week!

8 comments:

  1. Meeting old friends is the best, and in my case the old friends are truly old! How did that happen when I have managed to stay so young?
    Who knows how people prepare for an interview anymore? Here it is a employee's market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's probably why it's a good thing to interview people a couple of times, I guess. I remember one long grueling interview I had years ago for an accountant position with a large construction company. It was like 2 hours and with like 4 people in the room. I walked out of there and said there is no way I would ever work for this company. I can't remember now if they offered me the job, I don't think they did, but it didn't matter because I had no desire to work in their atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boss-to-be was actually outright giving hints about what he wanted the candidate to tell but, nope! 2 hours long interview with 4 people! Yikes! Glad you took a job you like.

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a nice lunch with a friend. It's really fun to catch up & get a chance to walk down memory lane.

    Sorry about the candidate. So strange that they reacted very differently than during your initial discussion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had another nice day with my oldest friends. We practically met each other while we were in strollers.

      Delete
  4. Your friend's family sound like high achievers - and good for them. I'm just curious, when they study in Germany are their studies in German or in English?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older daughter is studying in English for her Master's. The younger is studying in German. She speaks both English and German fluently.

      Delete