About Me

Saturday, December 4, 2021

New Heater

Today, the contractor's workers arrived right on time at 9:30 a.m. and set to work. They had to overcome some difficulties due to the limited space behind the kitchen cabinets but, they did a stellar job and did a nice cleaning so that, tomorrow,  the cleaning lady will have to deal with just a bit of dust. 

They were very nice men too. So, I bought them lunch and also tipped them. They so deserved it. After they left around 2:30 p.m., I called their boss and thanked him too and praised his workers. He too was pleased. He told me, they will schedule the gas company visit for project approval on Friday and the authorized support crew to do one last control and start the warranty on Saturday for me.

While the work was in progress, the window guys came to install a vent on one of the windows as a requirement of the gas company. The windows are double-glass so, it was a bit tricky but, they also did a good job and cleaned up after themselves.

I had shut off the old heater last night and during the installation we kept opening and closing the windows and balcony doors so, the apartment got real chilly. I turned on the heater and napped for an hour or two under a blanket. Now, it is warm and real nice.

My BFF who lives in upstate New York and I just watched another episode of Spooks and I am almost ready to go to bed. The 8 hour time difference is a bit hard to manage but, so far, we have been doing well.

I have scheduled a few get togethers with old friends next week and I have a bit of a work to do too. 

Today, I washed uncle's bed cover and shams in his room. The cleaning lady will change his sheets which I will wash and put away before I leave. I asked him if he wanted a warmer comforter on his bed and he said no. I guess, he will not be coming to Ankara during the cold weather. 

Uncle will be coming to Istanbul to stay for a while before the New Year's and, we shall go to Izmir to spend the New Year with my SIS and BIL. After that, he will possibly fly back to Antalya and I will drive back to Istanbul.

This is going to be a busy month. 

Hope, everyone is enjoying the first weekend of the last month in 2021. Time flies by, doesn't it?



2 comments:

  1. Isn't it satisfying when workmen do a good job? We shouldn't have to be pathetically grateful for this but you absolutely did the right thing by calling up the boss to let him know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well in this day and age, we are quick to complain about things. I think, we should be equally responsible about showing our appreciation too.

      Delete