About Me

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Brrrr! It's Cold!

I picked up uncle from the airport on Wednesday and ever since he got here, it is freezing cold and rainy over here. Poor guy! He was planning to see friends and walk around his favorite spots. So far, he has been able to get together with friends only once.

Meanwhile, I have been keeping busy. 

The other night, I had a small health scare. In the middle of the night my heart started beating rather erratically and I freaked out. Came to the living room to calm myself down. Within 15 minutes or so, I started dozing off in the recliner. I got up and went to the bed. For a moment I even thought about waking uncle up for him to take me to the ER. When I told him about how I felt, he asked me a few questions and told me he did not think  it is important. He is a Pharmacisit and he also had a medical company for quite a while dealing with cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons. I still made an appointment to see a cardiologist just for peace of mind.

I went in yesterday and the Doc doesn't think it is serious either but, on Monday they will hook me up with a holter monitor for 24 hours. Due to my age, the menapause, BP, Type 2 Diabetes and my mom's history with heart vessel stents, he also told me it would be wise to have a tomography sometime but, there is no rush for it.

Today, I am taking it easy. I have two dolls my dad's uncle brought from France in early 70's. My grandma sew and knitted outfits for them. They sit on a shelf in my library. I realized that, they have gotten rather dusty and dirty. So, I gave both my girls a bath and washed their outfits. I also started knitting myself a sleeveless sweater with the yarn mom bought but never got to knit. Never tried that before. When I get to the harder parts of it, I will put them away to take them to a friend of mine who can help me with the arms and the neck.

I have dinner already planned. Except for the panko dipped chicken pieces which will go in the oven along with sweet potatoes and spaghetti squash, everything is ready. I am planning to make a veggie soup with the squash. I have other veggie bits to add to the soup.

Hope everybody is having a relaxing weekend.


7 comments:

  1. Gosh I'm glad your uncle was with you when you felt unwell - it must have been very reassuring. Still, you're right to get tested also given your mom's medical history. I'm sure you'll pass all the tests with flying colour but it will set your mind to rest to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna. The Doc called me today to say that everything is fine. It seems I have slight palpitations but, nothing to worry about.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully, it’s nothing serious, probably just stress, but it’s wise to have it checked out. Happy new year to you and your family. I wish you a long, healthy and joyous life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farah. Yes, the doctor confirmed that it is nothing serious.

      Delete
  3. The heart thing is probably nothing, but good to have it checked out. I have a heart that does this pretty much since I was a teenager. They call is SVT and say it's nothing harming, just annoying and yes it is. I do take a medication the past 25 years that works well, so it doesn't happen too often now, but it is certainly disconcerting when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Doctor said, I am fine and that the palpitations are not serious. I am glad, I had it checked out.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear that all is OK with your heart. I had palpitations with menopause & its not a good feeling. Knitting is great to do in winter but I'm not great on the neck and sleeves either.

    ReplyDelete