About Me

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Chores before vacation

I finally booked a closed parking lot space for my car close to the airport. Due to a long religious holiday, the parking lots will be full and I do not want to find "Full" signs at the parking gates while I am already rushing. The airport parking lot is very expensive but the Radisson Blu offers a discounted closed parking rate that includes a free shuttle to the airport. So, that's done.

I have also printed the necessary information I may need.

Thinking that Northern Michigan might get real cold in the winter, I had bought a bathrobe for my friend's daughter but I cannot be sure of the size so, I will take it back to the store to probably exchange it.

Need to buy Pistachio Nuts, Turkish delights and some small gifts for my friend and her family. Those will be taken care of on Saturday.

I also need to stock up on my regular medicines.

On Sunday, I will pack my suitcase. I will pack a backpack for the first few days for the drive to Michigan so that, I will not have to deal with that when I get there. We will probably hit the road early in the morning after my arrival. I will pack very lightly. Last year, I did not wear some of what I brought so, this time I will keep the stuff to a minimum. Besides, I can wash my things if I need to.

I am not going to be bringing a second suitcase with me this time since I will not be shopping much. One suitcase and one carry-on is all I need. I will save a good deal of money on the second checked bag this time. It is usually USD 80-100 and I cannot justify it given the current state of USD. It is not as bad as on Monday but still too high.

I also need to do two loads of laundry before I leave. I must wash and put my work clothes away.

I will clean my refrigerator. I usually wipe the interior with a light solution of white vinegar and water.

As you can see, I am not quiet ready yet and have some chores to be taken care of.


4 comments:

  1. Leave a bowl of baking soda in the refrigerator. Maybe a bowl of vinegar, too. The baking soda will keep it fresh.

    It is very cold in Michigan in the winter. Most of the US is cold enough to warrant having a heavy bathrobe. Some areas will use one longer. Once you get that out of your luggage, you will have plenty of room to bring things back.

    How long are you going to be here? You may have said, but I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Linda. I keep a bowl of baking soda in the fridge but never tried the vinegar. Will do that too. I will be there for two weeks.

      Delete
  2. when are you leaving? If it's soon it may be cooler but we are still having hot weather here in Southern Ontario, which is "next door" to Michigan!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am arriving in the US on Tuesday. My friend's daughter will be going to school in Northern Michigan. It will be cold in the winter. I am not concerned about the weather for myself.

      Delete