About Me

Saturday, August 18, 2018

How was my last day at work and other stuff

If some of you may remember, last year we had lost a colleague. His wife's nephew was an intern at the time at our company who turned out to be a really sharp and nice young man. So, we hired him this year as a regular employee since he has finished College.

I had become friendly with his aunt, my colleague's wife, while he was still in the hospital and kept in touch with her after the funeral. 

Both the aunt and the nephew gifted me a really beautiful neck scarf which I loved very much. So, nice of them!

The team also got cheesecakes to say a final goodbye and we had some emotional time while I addressed them shortly. No, I didn't cry but my Technical Team Leader did. He also walked me to my car. Such a nice guy.

I sent the entire company a brief and humorous goodbye mail sharing my personal contact information.

Then I drove off towards the sunset. Lol! Well, not exactly. I came home and got rid of some clutter.

Today, the cleaning lady came and put things in order and I did many loads of laundry. Tomorrow, I will be ready to pack my suitcase.

I have some meat to use up before I leave along with some yogurt, cheese, red beet pickles, tomatoes and cucumbers. I am hoping to clean and wipe the fridge tomorrow too. 

There are a few things I must buy and I do not want to leave those to the last day. Tomorrow will be a busy Sunday.

5 comments:

  1. And, it's done! You won't have time to miss work since you leave so soon. It won't be like you are home with nowhere to go. Have fun here in US. How long will you be in US? I am glad it all went smoothly and you did not cry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I will be there for two weeks.

      Delete
  2. always nice to go away, but a lot of work getting things sorted before you go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lots to do. I am cooking, doing laundry, packing at the same time :)

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your holiday - can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete