About Me

Monday, August 13, 2018

Final Week!

This is my final week at work. Pheww! Time goes by fast, doesn't it?

Good news is I got paid last Friday since both of the authorized signatures would be on vacation this week.

Bad news is, the economy is tanking and TL is depreciating very fast against hard currencies. It is a crisis state right now for the entire country. We just have to sit tight and ride the waves and see what happens.

It is outright stupid to be going on a vacation in the US but, my ticket has already been paid for months ago and I have dollars available so, I am not purchasing it for horrid prices and I will not be doing much shopping.

I will spend time with my friends, enjoy my time, purchase only what is an absolute neccesity, like a pair of pants and a couple of tops that I can use when I am consulting. My size is very difficult in Turkey and the US is the only place that I can find my size. 22 Long/Tall.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, the time is flying right along. It seems only a little bit ago that you were just thinking about this. You are right, tall/long is hard to find. I would suggest you buy more one pair. And, find the same think online and you could order them. Well, unless shipping is too much. I find that even long sizes are not long/tall enough for me. It is almost like if a person is not slim, the person must be short! Plus, some larger sizes are huge around the calf and ankle. Not everyone in a larger size is large everywhere. This is very annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. Thankfully some stores address different body types in the US.

      Delete
  2. Very difficult riding the currency ride, but I hope it doesn't wreck your visit. Nice to have been paid before you are done, enjoy this last week - it will whiz by

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The currency situation is a mess.

      Delete
  3. I saw the drop in the currency on the news, will it have much impact on your retirement funds/investments? .. enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan! I doubt it will have too much of an impact because, I keep a diverse portfolio. It includes hard currencies and gold. Since, our currency is weak, that is only thing to do. Besides, I am not going to touch my retirement nest egg hopefully for a long time.

      Delete
  4. I wondered if the current situation would affect your holiday - glad to hear that you will still be able to visit friends. Canada is also facing ridiculous tariffs from the US and now SA as well - as you say, we just have to weather it all as best we can. I hope you have a lovely vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margie! Yes, now it is tariff wars between us. The US Government doubled the tariffs on Turkish steel products so, our Government raised the tariffs on several US products. Just ridiculuous...

      Delete