About Me

Monday, August 6, 2018

Last 10 work days...

After attending the funeral on Friday, a friend of ours invited some of us over to her office at a university where she serves as the dean of Architecture Department. 3 of us went with her and talked a little, cried a little. It was a sad day but seeing so many people attending the funeral made us proud of our friend once again. Hope, he rests in peace.

Life goes on. This Wednesday they are throwing a barbecue party at work for my retirement. 

I have ten work days left to go. This weekend I am taking mom home. My uncle will come and stay with her and possibly take her to Antalya with him till I go get her in October. We shall also celebrate my mom's and uncle's birthdays during the weekend. 

Next Monday, I shall introduce my replacement to our Ankara Office staff.

There are few things left to be handed over and then, they will be on their own. The GM says he will be probably calling me everyday and I told him, his will be probably the first number I shall block. Hahaha! I like bantering with people.

I am ready to leave and start a new chapter in life. My friend's passing reminded many of us the important things in life. 

5 comments:

  1. No better way to drive that home to live each day as best you can as the lost of a friend or loved one. I am sorry for your loss. Your retirement is so close! These last 10 days will fly now

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to set up a system for getting reimbursed for phone work. Seriously!

    These last few days will fly by. It is getting more real. Enjoy these last days and the ones thereafter.

    So, someone stays with your mom all the time now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about the phone work. Actually, noone really needs to stay with mom all the time but she does not like to be alone. I think she is very bored and a bit afraid at night. So, we will try to be around her as much as we can till she cannot be left alone. Then, we will have to find a live-in companion or my uncle and I will take turns to be with her all the time.

      Delete
  3. So exciting! And so timely, too, in some respects. Best of luck as you wrap up all these various parts of your life and get ready for some new and exciting things! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. when people pass/die it certainly makes you think......

    ReplyDelete