About Me

Sunday, May 15, 2022

A busy time ahead

As I was applying ice to my tendon today, I took the opportunity to sit down and make a plan till the end of June.

My PT is going to end on May 31st. I would like to go to Ankara on June 3rd, till June 7th. Then I will go back home. I texted the contractor reminding that I would like them to start the paint job on the week of 13th of June. In two weeks, I should be done with everything at home so that, I can start my US vacation peacefully.  May be I can finish purging the last couple of areas before painting starts. 

Today, I cleaned up the counter tops and cabinets of uncle's kitchen. He is generally clean but, a bit lax about thorough cleaning.

I have decided on a few projects in this apartment to make it more homey than a bachelor apartment. That will require me coming here for a few weeks and sending uncle off to either my place or Ankara or may be both. I am thinking some time in April-May next year. My sister had mentioned that she wanted to do a few things as well. 

I also need to find a cleaning lady for him who lives nearby. If someone comes every three weeks, that will be just fine.

As for help for me in Istanbul; during the painting, I will try the new cleaning lady whom my old one has recommended and if I like her, I will ask her to come regularly starting in the Fall. I really need someone every two or three weeks. More would be an unnecessary expense in these ultra expensive economic times. With that said, I am sure the cleaning ladies need jobs and the ability to feed their kids so, it is sort of a social duty too if one can afford it.

A friend of mine just came back from the US. She found it extremely expensive not only due to the weakness of our money but also due to the inflation in the US. I am not going on a shopping excursion this time. I will only buy what we all truly need and what is too expensive here in Turkey. I need an extra pair of NB 990s and new jeans, uncle needs a couple of cargo shorts. I will ask my SIS and BIL what they need. SIS possibly needs a pair of new jeans too. We need long jeans which are hard to come by in our sizes over here. I have been wearing Lane Bryant jeans and have found them comfortable and durable. 

My tendon already started feeling better. The doctor gave me a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pill once a day for 10 days. I keep my foot elevated while I am sitting and keep applying ice for 15 minutes several times a day. The PT takes about an hour. I hope to be healed fully in a month. We'll see.

Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend and wish everybody a great week ahead.


8 comments:

  1. You have a lot going on! Hope your tendon continues to get better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been offline again for a couple of days so just read about your injury! I do hope it gets better quickly (in time for our trip)! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came back from DC where I helped prepare my daughter’s baby shower. She reserved a beautiful party room in her building with the Terrace overlooking harbor but we couldn’t enjoy the terrace or the view because it was way too hot. Everyone retreated to the party room with the AC. I can’t stand the heat specially as i age. I Hope you will be completely healed before your trip to USA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your grandkid! When is your daughter due? I hope to be completely healed before my trip. I do my exercises and go to PT every single day religiously.

      Delete
  4. She is due around the 23th of July. When are you coming to the states?

    ReplyDelete