About Me

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Another Trip

SIS and BIL left for Izmir. They will visit his dad one last time and then hit the road. 

My cousin and I are leaving tomorrow. Now, I have to go and pack my belongings yet again. Uncle wanted some things from this apartment. I had left some beach stuff last year so, all will be gathered and packed in a larger suitcase that my SIS brought. 

I sent all foodstuffs to BIL's dad. This way I will not have to take them with me. Cannot stand wasting or throwing away food.

We spent a good deal of time with my SIS and BIL and it was nice and filled with laughter. 

After they left, I called some relatives, my mom and dad's cousins. I do want to keep in touch with them but, each phone call is so depressing. They are getting old and there are serious health issues in their families. It feels like the extended family is all falling apart. So upsetting. We also talk about mom and dad of course and how early they passed away and I get teary eyed while trying to keep it from my voice. Not happy celebratory phone calls for a holiday... Well, I guess it is how life is.

Gotta go and find something to cheer myself up. There are two more cousins of dad's to call but, I shall leave that for later. 

2 comments:

  1. I guess as people get older the conversation does tend to turn to "who just died" doesn't it, so I get that it's depressing for you. Still, I'm sure they appreciated your call!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I get to hear about new sicknesses. Apparently romatoid arthritis is becoming an issue among my mom's side of the family. Mom was diagnosed with that as well prior to her death. The future keeps getting scary.

      Delete