About Me

Sunday, May 22, 2022

Not much to write about

I am going to PT every day except for Sundays and then I am going to the beach after that. The water is crisp and cold so, the locals do not go to the beaches much yet. Russian, Ukrainian, Canadian, German and British tourists and I have no problems dipping in the cold water. The only difference between us is the fact that, I hide under the shade of two beach umbrellas covered in sunscreen when they are basically frying themselves. 

Yesterday, it felt like summer for the first time. No breeze to ccol off so, I felt the heat and went in the water several times.

I brought 5 books with me and I am about to finish the 5th one. I need at least two more books before I go back so, I will look at what my uncle has. He doesn't like novels so, I may not find anything I will enjoy. 

I have read the first 3 books of the Kurt Wallander series by Henning Mankell, a Swedish writer. I enjoyed them very much and then noticed a series on Netflix called the Young Wallander based on the character created by H. Mankell. I think, I will buy the rest of the books in that series.

My tendinitis is getting better. I want to get gifts for my physical therapist, the doctor and the lady at the entrance to the hospital. They are really sweet and attentive. I just do not know what to get. I have the whole week to figure it out. I have 8 more days of PT. 

When I am in the US, I will buy myself two pairs of New Balance 993s. They are the best for my feet despite being expensive. I think, I will wear them 98% of the time to keep my orthopedic problems at bay. I have been told, my tendinitis has become a chronic condition so, I should keep doing my exercises and applying ice after every long walk. My SIS jokes that mom and dad produced offspring with mechanical and software problems. I tend to agree with her. Thankfully, our processors are so far OK.

I am trying to figure out what each of us need so that I can buy them in the US. I like to come back with gifts for my family but these days, USD has become so expensive against TL that I need to choose my gifts wisely. I am afraid this may be my last trip to the US. I hope, we shall see better days if we can get rid of this asshole of a government.

Today there was no PT and I decided to stay home and sleep in. I am doing my exercises and resting my feet on ice every two hours. I will also look at my financial situation and see what bills need to be paid before June. Most of the regular bills are on autopay so, it is a matter of keeping enough cash on the two accounts I use.

Hope, everyone had a relaxing weekend. Wishing all a good and productive week!

6 comments:

  1. It felt like summer was almost here as well. I used sunblock, but somehow managed to not quite spray half of one shoulder, and ended up with a very awkward burn, unfortunately.

    Hoping you are able to plan your gifts & find great deals on the items you need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the burn. Aloe Vera gel soothes it well. Antalya gets very hot in the Summer so, I come here off season.

      Delete
  2. I wear NB 993s. They are costing around $150 per pair now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been searching for deals but, I haven't seen them below $185. If you do not mind sharing where you find them at 150, I will appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. I'm like you, I NEVER sit in the sun, it just burns the heck out of me in about five minutes flat! Oddly enough, my sister can sit in it all day. She never tans though, just goes from white to red and back again! Not a great look in my opinion but then what does she care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite the sunscreen and shade, I do tan but, it takes a lot of time. At least a couple of weeks at the beach.

      Delete