About Me

Saturday, May 14, 2022

Achilles Tendon

 


I hurt my right achilles tendon and made it worse when I sprained my right ankle trying to get on my uncle's little boat. 

I called a High School friend of mine who is a Physical Theraphy doctor and she recommended a former student of hers in Antalya. He took great care of me out of respect to his former professor and started me on physical theraphy for 15 days. Hopefully, I will recover before I hop on the plane to go to the US.

My cousin left last Thursday. She had a great time. The water was cold and it was windy but, she still enjoyed the beach.

My theraphy sessions are at 10:00 a.m. every day except Sunday so, after the PT, I am planning to go to the beach.

I haven't been able to keep up with my favorite blogs lately. Hope, everyone is doing fine.


12 comments:

  1. I had Achilles tendonitis a few years ago (so painful!) - good footwear helped me tremendously! In my case it was a pair of New Balance sneakers (I can't remember the style number but they were stabilized for walking). Also, rolling a golf ball under my foot helped with the pain too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bobbie! I think they are the 990 series of NB. I have two pairs which I had left at home. Yes, they are the best. I think, I will only wear them from now on.

      Delete
  2. So sorry about your tendon. I hope the PT works well and you are back to your former self before heading to the states.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Sorry to hear this! Keep up with your PT exercises so you'll be in good shape for your trip here to the US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely go to PT every day.

      Delete
  4. I wish you a speedy recovery and would love to meet you when you come to the state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farah. I am looking forward to meeting you too.

      Delete