About Me

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Weekend Surprise

SIS and BIL decided to surprise us on Friday night and came to Antalya for the weekend. It was 2 a.m. when they made it. So, I went to my PT early in the morning yesterday and came home around 10:30 a.m. We all had breakfast at a nearby place and the three of us went to the beach. As usual uncle did not join us because he never dips his toes in the water "this early" in the season. You may think he goes swimming every day in August but, you would be mistaken. He just does not care for it anymore.

We had a nice dinner at a place we all like. This morning we got up around 10 a.m. and had breakfast at home. SIS and BIL went to the beach and I am doing laundry. It is a very hot day and my tendinitis does not allow me to go to the pebble beach which I dislike anyway. I am sitting in the middle of all the open windows as I am typing this. There is A/C but, my family dislikes it and it bothers them. If uncle goes out as well, I will surely turn it on till they come home. Uncle just took out his guitar and started to exercise so, I guess no A/C today. Thankfully there is a breeze.

My last day of  PT is Tuesday. I must say it has worked wonderfully but now, I know I have a chronic condition so, I will be most careful and wear only the best shoes and keep on doing the exercises. 

I am getting ready to go back to Ankara next Friday. SIS and BIL will be there too. They have some doctor's appointments and I think SIS wants to celebrate my bday which I would just rather forget. Having lost mom on the very same day still upsets me and I do not know whether I will ever get over that. 

I spoke to my dad's cousin. She just came back from the US visiting her niece who graduated from University of Michigan. As we were talking, I told her about the paint job at my apartment in June and she told me about her upcoming cataracts surgeries so, we decided that I should stay at her apartment during the painting. I will take her to the surgeries and help her while she is recovering. In the meantime, my apartment will be painted. I was looking for a hotel for 4-5 days but, this will help me save some money. 

Hopefully, I will be flying on the 29th. 5 days after I come back, my BFF will fly over to spend 10 days with me. Initially, we were thinking to fly together but her wedding anniversary got in the way. I doubt that her husband would mind but, I guess she does. 

This summer is surely a busy one. Who said retirement is boring? 


12 comments:

  1. I have a June birthday too. I can understand why the day does not hold joy for you now, however.

    I am so glad you can save some $$ and your dad's cousin will have your support after her surgeries. A win win situation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JiCaLu! This is also an expensive summer so, any little bit I can save matters.

      Delete
  2. How lovely to have such nice plans to look forward too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anonymous. As I age, I am thinking "Should do it now while I still can".

      Delete
  3. I have to prepare the house for sale but right i have no motivation to do so. I know no one can feel your pain but make your birthday a celebration of your life and your Mom’s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farah! Have you retired already? When are you planning your move? Wish you had a blog :)

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a good solution having you move in with your cousin while the house is being painted. Sounds like it would work out well for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a good solution for both of us. She is a nice lady.

      Delete
  5. I will retire in December. I was suppose to retire in June but didn’t apply for my pension on time. We are moving to DC area to be closer to my daughters. To tell you the truth, I am overwhelmed by the move.








    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A move is always overwhelming but, it forces you to purge and when you settle down in your new place, your new home will be perfect. For a while anyway. Lol!

      Delete
  6. You have had a lot going on for a while! What a nice surprise from your Sister and BIL. Also what a nice thing to be able to stay with your cousin as she recuperates. It's a win win situation! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! Have a great week also. It sure is a win win situation.

      Delete