About Me

Monday, May 15, 2023

A Personal Manifest

The elections were held. The governing party got the majority of the votes. There were 3 runners for the presidency. Noone won. On the 28th, there will be the second round between the current idiot and the candidate I support. So, we shall see. However, it will not be good with the majority of the parliament being held by the current governing party.

I have been anxious about poor, uneducated people because they were in dire conditions but, hey, they still vote for the idiot. What can I do? If people do not want to be saved, how can we save them? If they have Stockholm Syndrome, so be it. The country is being sucked into the Middle East Hellhole day by day. Those voters one day, will drown in their own sh.t. 

Here is my personel manifest:

"I will go vote each time elections come around, but I will never feel sorry for other people anymore. Going forward, I care only about my family and myself. Our health, well being and happiness are on the only items on my priority list. The last born kid in my family was born in 1975 so, I have noone to worry about."

That's it!

I will not even pay attention to politics anymore. I am limiting my social media exposure as well. Why should I make myself upset over things I have no control over? I will be as carefree and as oblivious as possible from now on. 

I just booked a week long visit to Scotland in July. I will also gift a nice vacation to my SIS and BIL at their favorite resort this summer. 

I'm done!

7 comments:

  1. That's too bad for your elections. I feel the same way about here...and for the most part have resigned myself to the inevitable. I still vote, which is all I can do. The sad part is I worry what my dd and sil will have to deal with, especially where they live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for a better outcome in the run-off election.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. Hopefully, the runoff’s will go to kamel. As you said, there is nothing you can do about it. After all what happened and they still want him, then they deserve what’s coming to them. It’s sad because it’s basically split in the middle. Let’s hope Kamel will win on the second round. Hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've ben following your elections since I know how much of a dictator the current guy has become little by little over the decades he's been in power.
    You are right....when it comes to politics, people do the same thing expecting a different outcome. Ok, that's not restricted to just politics. You can only do what helps and makes me and yours happy. I hope the election runoff turns out your way....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping for a better result in the next election. We have the same here - so many idiots have become so far embedded into the Orange Man Baby's cult. They can't think for themselves. Fox TV 24/7. Don't realize he wants to be a dick-tator. Yeah, the thought of that corrupt POS ever stepping foot in our White House again makes my blood boil! Ugh. Fingers crossed for the people of Turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was thinking of you as the election results were being discussed on the bbc. Why do people vote against their own best interests??? Like you, I calm myself by thinking ‘if this is what they want…’ I can can only try to take care of me and mine. Stay well, Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you, it's difficult to watch things degenerate and have no control over them. I also agree less social media is better and try to get off it so often - then then always get dragged back in! Come on Turkey, do the right thing!!!!

    ReplyDelete