About Me

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Relief in a Weird Way

I have been struggling to fill a position for one of our current customers for a while now. The requirements are hard to meet and not a lot of people want to change their jobs when the economy is so unstable. Can't say, I blame them. 

Yesterday, I sent the Customer a report for a new potential candidate and lined up 3 more to intervew this week. However, yesterday night, I had this weird feeling that this position may be done away with because as I thought about the current organization structure of the company, I somehow thought adding another person to the head count seemed a little too much. They just opened a new office in Dubai and I am thinking, that must have cost a pretty penny. 

Lo and behold, today I received an e-mail telling me that the position is postponed for at least 6 months. I am sort of relieved but also, frustrated that we worked really hard to find the right candidates for the job. 

Oh well... Not a big deal for me but, the owner of our company who is a long time friend may be upset over this because, she had been complaining that the business was too slow lately. 

On another note, I went to see a dermatologist yesterday because of a red rash on my skin on the left side of my waist. I ovserved it for a while and then used a cortisone cream but that caused the rash to get bumpier and bigger. The doctor told me it must be a fungal infection and prescribed a cream for it. If it does not start to get any better in a week, I should go see her again so that they can biopsy it. Yikes! I am hoping that, it is indeed a fungal infection. Getting old is such a joy, isn't it? Always a new trouble.

Tomorrow, I am going to Ankara for a week or so. My 56th birthday is coming up on June 6 which also marks the 3rd anniversary of mom's passing. I can't believe it has already been three years. I still miss her so much that it hurts. She was my rock and best travel buddy. 

I remember one day as we were watching a trashy reality show on TV, she was sort of pestering me to get up and re-organize my closet which really needed it. I told her stop presurring me or else, I would run away from home like the stupid teen on the show we were watching. She said: "That would be quiet idiotic, wouldn't it? This is your home. Where are you running to?" We had a good laugh and joked about how she would go on the show to find her 50+ daughter who ran away from her own home just because her mom wanted her to tidy up her closet.

Nowadays, my closet is almost always in order because I purged so much. My sister has a theory that, when people pass, parts of their souls go into their loved ones and that is how they live forever. Ever since mom passed, I started doing certain things her way and keeping a tidier home. So does my uncle. My SIS may have a point after all.

Gotta go and straighten out some things.

6 comments:

  1. I hope the rash gets better quickly and isn't something else. Yes, it can be trying getting older. Happy Birthday! I hope it is a wonderful year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first moved my mom near me she had a rash that she had been using cortisone cream on and dr said same thing - it was a fungal rash and the cortisone was making it worse. The anti-fungal cream cleared it up fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that. I hope my rash goes away soon too. It is not bumpy anymore. I have to use this cream for a whole month.

      Delete
  3. I hope your rash is better by now. It’s probably stress related. Happy Birthday. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the person that you were sending for that job will only thank you now! And fingers crossed for that infection. You're right, getting old has nothing to recommend it does it!

    ReplyDelete