About Me

Monday, May 22, 2023

Brrrrr.... Why is it still so cold?

I went out for a walk today and it was pleasant between 2 and 4 p.m. However, as I type this, I am home, the central heating is off and my apartment is only 19℃ or 66℉. Socks, sweatpants and a sweatshirt don't help at all. I now have a blanket, but my nose and feet are still so cold. May be it is time to fish out my space heater to heat my living room. A cup of hot tea sounds good too.

Today, the cleaning lady was here so, my home is all clean and fresh. I have quiet a bit of laundry to do. May be I will wash two loads tomorrow. Istanbul is really humid and when it is cold on top of that, line drying the clothes takes too long. I will use mom's trick and open my bedroom and guest bedroom windows which are on the opposite ends of that area. This creates a draft and when the clothes are hung in between, they dry faster.

I am going to take out the sewing machine and try my hand on some simple projects this week. I applied for apprenticeship at Kim's over at Out My Window. She accepted me (I think) so, next time I am in the US, I will have a Master to teach me to sew and make alterations. 

I have a dentist appointment on Wednesday and I am going to take my car to inspection on Thursday. More money leaving my pockets. On top of this, I need to buy a new set of tires for my car. Oh joy!

Hope everyone has a productive week. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope the weather is causing you to be colder and not you catching a cold. Last night both TheHub and I were chilly with the a/c not running. By that time of night though, we were both in shorts, tee shirts and barefoot and neither wanted to change. Light fleece throws to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete