About Me

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Ouch!

I went to see my dentist friend today and had two fillings. Two of my molars are too close to each other but somehow, food gets in between and as I try to get rid of it, I was hurting my gum and make it bleed. I also thought, I could not keep the area clean enough. Well, I was right and right in between there were cavities on both teeth that went down under the gum line

My friend tried very hard to fix it and he put in two fillings. However, he thinks that may or may not work in the long run. Right now I need a pain killer because the anesthesia wore out. Ouchies!

Tomorrow I am going to have my car inspected and then go see a friend who knows someone who can assess the value of two antique (or so we think) rugs that belong to uncle. I never had anything like that done before so, it will be interesting. 

10 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon. Dental work can be brutal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. One pain killer did the trick.

      Delete
  2. Ouch indeed! I have a crown that goes back to my 20s and I found difficult to keep it clean around that area. Someone told me to buy one of those waterjet sprays and I have to say it really is very very good. You might want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of those too but, I am so lazy to use it every day. I should get my act together I guess.

      Delete
  3. I hate going to the dentist - when I was growing up our dentist would say "raise your hand if it hurts and I'll stop". Newsflash, he didn't (and no novacaine!). To this day I dread it even though they know my history and go out of their way to try to make me comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember getting fillings with no anesthesia as a kid too. What was that? And why? My dentist friend sprays something to numb the area before he administers the anesthesia. He is very thoughtful.

      Delete
  4. That does sound painful. I have been having the worst time lately trying to comment on blogs, so please forgive my absence in commenting. I'm not meaning to, but half the time it will not let me sign in to comment on other's blogs anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully just one pain killer helped me get rid of the pain. No problem about commenting. Happens to me too from time to time.

      Delete
  5. So sad about your election results. My house got an offer but I haven’t found a place in DC metro yet. I will send you the listing through WhatsApp. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the election results... I don't know Farah, I just can't wrap my head around it. A liar, thief, enemy of women's rights, dictator-wanna- be is considered a religious man and millions worship him. The fundamentals of the prevailing religion is completely disregarded actually. I do not identify with any religion but, I don't understand how people can be so ignorant. Never will.

      Delete