About Me

Saturday, May 20, 2023

This and That

I have lost my mojo to blog as I must have mentioned before but, I know that reading and writing blog posts keep me in a better mood.

I also apologize for not responding to comments as I used to do lately. Going forwards, I will make the effort to respond. Last few weeks, I have been feeling rather depressed. 

So, what am I doing to shake the blues? I am trying to eat in a very healthy manner. Lots of veggies and healthy protein (read boring chicken breast meat). 

I have also started long walks. My goal is to walk 8000 steps each day but, I am not quite there yet. I need my walking muscles when I go to Edinburgh late July. I understand, the best way to see the city is by walking but, it is a hilly place. I do not know if the aches and pains I have is due to building muscles or getting older. I guess we will see in the long run. 

I am also watching my water intake. You know how that works.

The weather is still unusually cold and rainy so, I think when I am in Scotland, I will not be surprised.

Early December, I had taken two positions to work on and I successfully placed my two candidates. My earnings will finance my Scotland visit.

I have one other position which is really difficult to fill due to the requirements and the current economic situation in the country. I just realized that this is an obstacle for my early summer vacation at my uncle's. Besides, Antalya hasn't warmed up yet either. 

Now I gotta get up and walk some more. It is a rainy day, so treadmill it is.





2 comments:

  1. Well done you for pushing through! I guess we all feel down sometimes and while hopefully it passes, you're doing all the right things to help it along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Whenever I feel depressed, I want to be alone and silent but, that doesn't help very much.

      Delete