About Me

Monday, July 2, 2018

Beaming!

Mom says I am beaming with relief. So true!

Next Monday, I will meet the new person and on Tuesday, I will tell my team about me leaving and another lady replacing me. On Friday, there will be a barbecue party to introduce her to the company.

She will start on the 23rd of July and I will be around only till the 18th of August. Enough time to walk her through what she needs to do.

Then, I will be off to the USA for my two week vacation. When I come back, I will be free!

I am planning to relax till the end of October or so and then start working on a couple of projects I have been contemplating. I am not in a rush to get part-time project work.

My current company may ask me to work part-time but I do not know if I want to. Not yet anyway. We'll see.

I have been looking at cars. They are so darn expensive in this country. I do not want to rush. I have a 2010 Nissan Note in Ankara which my uncle uses for himself and mom. I will take that to Istanbul till I find myself a new-to-me reliable SUV type car. My sister has an identical car that she also keeps in Ankara unused. Uncle and mom will use that while I look around. Both are old cars with only about 90,000 miles. We had bought them new and we are sure they are reliable so, we do not want to sell them at very depreciated prices. This way we can fly or take the fast train to Ankara and use our cars there saving lots of gas money.


8 comments:

  1. It is good to know your happiness and relief shows on your face. My car is a 2000 Malibu with almost 300K miles, so yours sounds like new. Good luck with the car search. Can you use Carfax for a used car or are you buying a new one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not buying a new car. The taxes on a car in this country are outrageous. A gently used car with good gas mileage will do just fine. We have something similar to Carfax and I have access to reliable mechanics through a friend so they can look at the cars for me.

      Delete
  2. Congrats! very happy for you. Sometimes things have a way of working out for the better, even though at the time it is stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its amazing how much better we feel when work stress is removed, and it does show on our faces. not long to go now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I feel much better. I do not have mixed feelings anymore.

      Delete
  4. Oh! Congratulations, T'Pol - how exciting! I can already hear the changes in you. Wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have become very restless recently.

      Delete