About Me

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Interesting Day

On Saturday a Facebook friend, an alumni of my HS had posted that there were a bunch of Moroccan refugees who got stuck in Turkey due to the pandemic and that they were living in the Moroccon Embassy's garden in terrible conditions. He asked for help for these people. So, I told him I would like to contribute to this.

Yesterday I asked him what to get and he said, there were a few women among them and that ladies hygiene products would be good. He told me he was taking water and food. So, I bought sanitary napkins, lots of hand soap and wet naps along with about 40 pounds of fruit from a big box store. I figured fresh fruit would be a welcome treat.

So, this morning I met up with my friend and we went to the embassy only to find out that the refugees were taken to be sent back to their country. We decided to go to the place where we were told the people were taken to. When we went there, they told us they could not accept food from outside due to Covid-19. Stuck with lots of stuff to be donated we called a few places and finally found a soup kitchen. We took the stuff we bought and met with the coordinators. I asked the lady if sanitary napkins would be useful and she told me they were also helping battered wives and people on the streets so, she was very happy about that. I am glad, they were able to take those because, I cannot imagine being stuck with them especially now I have no use for sanitary napkins.

I had to cross between the continents four times today but, after all, our mission is accomplished and we were able to do good.

This friend of mine is about 11-12 years my junior and he is such a kind-hearted man. Through him, I was able to help several children in poorer parts of the country quiet a few times in the past.

It was refreshing to spend time with a kind person and we chatted away as we were on the road.

I have recently found out that a fellow Canadian blogger friend has been diagnosed with cancer. My heart goes out to her and I am wishing her the best.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hugs, tons of love and well wsihes to you...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good way to spend a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for wanting to help out those refugee women, but isn't it totally stupid that they would rather deny women access to STs because of covid than give those women the relief that they need. This world never ceases to amaze me. It's political correctness gone mad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hats off to you for helping, even if it was refused. At least someone benefitted from someone else's stupidity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well as long as food and stuff went to people who were in need, I am satisfied.

      Delete