About Me

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Yay! No cavity!

I had to go to the dentist because I was suspecting a cavity. It turned out to be tartar under my gum line on just that one tooth. Then my dentist friend cleaned my teeth. We discussed the implant I need for a long time now and decided to have it done late August. There is an old filling that needs to be replaced and that's it!

While I was at his office we talked about getting together with the rest of the group tonight. We have this smaller whatsapp group who all live in Istanbul. So, tonight we will be 6-8 people at our High School's Alumni Club. The place is never crowded during the week. Besides due to Covid-19, the pool is closed so there will not be any families crowding the restaurant after spending the day at the pool. There is a restaurant and a bar, a pool, one basketball, two tennis courts with a nice lawn to spread around.

I miss my friends dearly so tonight will be a nice change. We will surely observe social distancing and be very careful.

Tomorrow I am heading to Ankara for the long weekend coming up. My sister and BIL will join me too. After the holiday, I will stay two extra days to finalize the paperwork for inheritance and deed transfers. I have my sister's POA.

What a year this one is turning out to be.

2 comments:

  1. Every year comes with it's challenges but layering this Covid stuff on top has made it just suck so much!
    Have a nice weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Keeping a distance from my loved ones and not being able to hug or kiss them kills me.

      Delete