About Me

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Life is so complicated

Today an old HS friend of mine called and told me that one of our friends had a rather big surgery due to an aggresive cancer in her ovaries. She is a wonderful woman, an excellent Professor of Medicine, an oncology pathologist. She had been very kind and helpful during my mom's illness. She gently kept checking on me and was truly upset on mom's passing.

I asked my friend who called, how this was never diagnosed during her yearly controls. It turned out that she never had yearly gynecology check-ups. I am still trying to process this info. How? Why?

They say do what the doctors say, do not do what they do. Must be true... I am hoping she will get better. Her daughter is in Canada and we do not know if she knows. I am so so sad today.

So, I am trying to keep busy. I took apart the outer parts of the pedestal fan I have since 1997. I do not use it much because my apartment does not get too warm but still, it is an old fan. However it has a remote control, timer, different speeds and oscillation feature. One of my ex-boyfriends used to work for the company that made it and he had given me some spare parts for it although I never had to use any.

Well, it was filthy. I should remember to use a cover for it when it does not get used. I cleaned it thoroughly. I feel cleaning things make me feel satisfied in a strange way. This is rather interesting and weird for someone who loathes any house chores. Well, whatever floats my boat, right?

The nose clips I have ordered online for the masks I am making have arrived today. They are pretty good. Today's goal is to be done with sewing today and clean the living room tomorrow. I had also ordered a 50 pck of ready made masks with elastic just in case. I will add 30 of those to uncle's package for shorter trips outside.

I got up a bit earlier today. I must go back to a normal routine. I stay up until too late and then I sleep in till noon time. Today I woke up at 10:30 which is better. I would like to fall into a routine when I can get up at 8 a.m. every day.

Gotta go and take care of those masks. I would like to mail them to uncle on Friday.

What a day... Again...

6 comments:

  1. I have heard that with ovarian cancer that there are usually no symptoms until it is very wide spread which is why it is so often fatal. This may help explain why your friend waited so long to investigate even though she's a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's what my friend said too. She did not have any complaints till she started having a persistend fever. At first she thought it may be Covid-19 because she works at a hospital. Then further testing showed the cancer.

      Delete
  2. It's hard to fathom a doctor not getting the yearly checks. I hope your friend will be okay. It sounds like you are keeping busy. I'm sure your uncle will appreciate the masks. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she will be OK too. I could not believe my ears when I heard she never had her checks. I am still processing that.

      Delete
  3. That is very sad about your friend. Hopefully she will beat the cancer and recover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope so too. She is such a wonderful person.

      Delete