About Me

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Meal Planning

I have lost some weight during my mom's sickness. My uncle was preparing all the meals and he made healthy and filling food, lots of vegetables and meat, very little carbs.

I need to shed much more weight so, I have downloaded an app to count my calories. I also need to pay attention to the carb, fat, protein ratios.

I picked up a roaster chicken today and dry-brined it. I am thinking of roasting it for tomorrow's dinner. There are two potatoes I need to use up with that.

This bird is going to give me lots of meals I think. I have chicken breast and turkey breast in the freezer too. I have been eating too much red meat and I have decided to cut back on that. I have some frozen meat patties too.

Tonight's dinner was steamed broccoli and mixed salad greens plus grilled turkey breast. I love my olive oil so, I am not going to give it up. I made a salad dressing with salt, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic to put on my salad+veggies.

Time to menu plan with what I have:

- Roast chicken, potatoes and salad (Dinner)
- Chickpea Salad (Lunch/Brunch)
- Shepherd Salad with cold chicken (Dinner) Shepherd Salad is like Greek Salad but, we do not put cheese in it and the tomatoes and cucumbers are cut in much smaller pieces.
- Tom Kha Gai Soup (the chicken stock to be made with the carcass) (Lunch/Brunch)
- Chicken salad sandwich (lighter version half mayo-half yogurt) (Lunch/Brunch)
- Meat patties with piyaz (Dinner)
- Sauteed mushrooms and peppers in garlic yogurt sauce (Side)
- Kısır (Think Thabouleh with more bulgur wheat and green peppers in addition to parsley) (Lunch/Dinner) Goes best with fresh brewed tea.
- Navy beans and rice (Lunch/Dinner)
When I get through these meals, I will need to buy more salad greens and some kind of a vegetable.

I forgot to buy celery but, I need to go out to IKEA tomorrow. So, on the way back I can quickly go into the grocery store to pick it up.

4 comments:

  1. Your meal plan sounds wonderful!
    I am with you about needing to lose weight. I have been back on keto and need to really commit to it. Fingers crossed for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We can cheer each other on our way. It helps to share tips, good and bad days to keep motivated.

      Delete
  2. Having "dieted" for most of my life I have found it isn't so much the what you eat as it is the portions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True but also, eating simpler food helps a ton. If I can only have one slice of pizza, I know that will not satisfy me. I would rather eat a nice piece of lean meat, a large salad and steamed broccoli. Those will fill up my plate.

      Delete