About Me

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Restocked

I think, I have been able to restock my pantry and fridge.  Now, I need to plan meals around what I have bought. I hate waste and I would like to use up everything while they are fresh.

I will ask my BFF to send me her Tom Kha Gai soup. I found lemon grass today so, I bought a can of coconut milk as well.

I also found restaurant style tortilla chips. I will make myself nachos sometime soon but, I could not find any sour cream. It is not something popular over here. It is not a must anyway.

I have tons to do at home and I am feeling really overwhelmed. One thing at a time, one day at a time...

Missing mom really badly. I try keeping myself busy.

4 comments:

  1. Apparently you can make sour cream with lemons and cream and leaving it overnight although I've never tried it. I need to do an inventory to prevent food waste, had to throw out some precious cheese at it developed an odd colour (not normal mold as I would have cut that off). Hugs - keeping busy is really a good idea a this point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing an inventory is a great idea. When I ended up with boxes and boxes of aluminum foil, stretch film, cooking bags and cooking paper one time, I started doing that. It was right after I had redone my kitchen and when I set aside a drawer for this stuff, I had realized how much I had stashed all over the old kitchen. Can you tell I am not very organized?

      Delete
  2. I know you are missing your mom. I am missing mine too, but I have had a couple of wonderful dreams and got to say things I could not say while she was in the hospital.
    It is OK to feel overwhelmed right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Anne... Hugs... This year has been terrible for both of us and our sisters. I am glad you got to tell her what you always wanted to tell her even in a dream.

      Delete