About Me

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Birthday: Who am I to not celebrate?

Mom went into a coma yesterday. Her heart stopped twice in 24 hours but, in this country until the brain dies, the doctors are obliged to do everything. We have been told that if the heart stops for the third time, we may lose her. Honestly at this point I want her to find Peace so, I am ready to let her go.

Today is my birthday and I was thinking I would never celebrate my birthdays from now on. Then it just dawned on me: Who am I not to celebrate the life mom gave to me 53 years ago? Who am I to refuse the life she made me have?

Yesterday my BIL came all the way from Izmir to be with us after hearing my mom's situation.

The four of us (Sis, Uncle, BIL and I) are talking, laughing and crying at the same time today.

We are lucky to have only sweet, loving and funny memories in our family. Nobody has any bitter feelings for each other or mom. Our lives are worth celebrating.

Mom, thank you for being my mom, thank you for giving me my sister, thank you for choosing dad to be your spouse! Thank you for the life you made for us!

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are going through this. Laughing and crying with you family is a blessing. Wishing you all peace and comfort as your dear mom finds peace as well.
    In frienddship,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh heartbreaking! It does sound like it's her time to go and have her end this suffering. Thinking of you and your family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, your life is certainly worth celebrating, a wonderful piece of your Mom still living a full life. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. T'Pol,
    Happy Birthday!! :) You are so right to celebrate your birthday, your life, and the wonderful family your mother and father created for you. Thinking of the happy times is what gets us through the sad ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is with you T'Pol. And in spite of all circumstances I am sincerely wishing you a very good day filled with good thoughts and wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete