About Me

Saturday, June 27, 2020

More Cleaning and laundry

Now that I have completed putting my own bedroom in order, I moved to my spare room which I used to call mom's room. Sigh...

I took down the curtains and one of them is in the washer right now. Then I dusted and washed the windows. My right arm will kill me tomorrow. I also pushed and pulled the closets to get behind them for more dusting and washing.

I had left a bunch of stuff at the entrance to my home and I took care of all that. Some are dumped on my dining table, some are placed neatly where they belong.

My pressure cooker died. I need to replace it but the new ones are so darn expensive. I cannot even remember when I had bought it. Probably more than 15 years ago? There are two in the Ankara home. I will ask my sister and uncle if I can take one of them. That apartment is literally empty 90% of the time so, who needs two pressure cookers there? I know my sister has hers at her home and uncle has his in Antalya. Till I get back to Ankara, I will make do without one.

Tonight I am having a salad and some nachos. Salad is to eliminate the guilt of eating nachos. Kind of a balancing act.

I am going to hang the curtains back and empty the dishwasher before dinner. I am thinking, cleaning the balcony and the living room will be the hardest. The balcony is closed with sliding glass windows and they are filthy. Washing them will be the toughest chore. In the living room I have this two display cabinets and a TV unit. One of the display cabinets is glass on all sides. I keep my dad's sailing ship models there.

Every night after dinner I put the kitchen in order and the next day after cooking, it is a war zone. I think, I should batch-cook some food and leave the kitchen alone for a while other than fixing salads.

I was planning to call the cleaning lady but, I decided, I am too chicken for that yet. Besides, I am cleaning in detail. She could never do as much. It would take her forever. So, I will do my own deep cleaning and may be call her in a few weeks. Depends on how much I can keep up with it. 

4 comments:

  1. Better safe than sorry for now and all this cleaning certainly is keeping you busy. I have never had a pressure cooker. Is yours the instapot kind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheapchick! No mine was a stove top, basic pressure cooker. My grandma bought one about 76 years ago and she loved it so much that, she always had more than one. All members of our family use them. I soak dry beans at night and throw them in the pressure cooker in the morning. In 20-25 minutes beans are ready. Same with meat. It cooks so fast and tender, we all love our pressure cookers.

      Delete
  2. I am such a bad cleaner, probably because I hate housework. Son3 and DIL3 are coming for a couple of weeks, so I am going to have to do some major cleaning quickly. UGH!
    Good luck with all your chores. You are doing that heavy cleaning that I dislike the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne trust me I hate housework as much as you do if not more. However, nowadays I find it extremely satisfying and the bonus is; it keeps me busy.

      Delete