About Me

Sunday, July 26, 2020

A good Saturday

Today I felt compelled to wash all the glass panels of my balcony and the balcony itself. It took all of 50 minutes.

I am still binge-watching Star Trek: Voyager and enjoying it very much.

A HS friend of mine has moved to the US last year. She and her husband are architects and their two sons are going to college in the US too. Yesterday we were talking over whatsapp and she told me she had a niece going to Cornell studying Business Administration /Economy. She told me this young lady is interested in tech companies and was looking for some advice/mentorship and asked me if I would talk to her. I happily accepted that because, I never miss a chance to share my experience.

My friend's niece called me today at the time we had agreed on and we talked for about an hour. I enjoyed our talk and I hope she liked it too. Although she has lived all her life in the US, she speaks flawless Turkish and looking at her whatsapp message introducing herself, her written Turkish is excellent too. Kudos to her parents!

My sister and my uncle shared the temperature today in Izmir and Antalya as 102 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Yikes! I am not going to either of those places till mid-September at best. I don't know about the outside temp but, my home  was a comfy 77 with a nice breeze through the apartment because I keep my windows open.

I am going to see my dentist who is also a HS buddy on Monday. He promised I would be his first patient after everything is sanitized on Saturday. He wears a mask and a shield so, I am hoping I will be safe. I have a feeling, there is quiet a bit of work. We will see.

3 comments:

  1. It is so blooming hot and humid here. I seriously limit any time away from home because I refuse to go anywhere without a mask and it is so hot wearing one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog

    ReplyDelete