About Me

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Guess what?

You might remember that I put the two bedroom apartment I had in Ankara up for sale a few weeks ago. Well, it is sold (almost)! 

I decided to give myself one last day of the beach on Monday and then head back. On Tuesday, I will be on the road. Wednesday is a half day and Thursday is a National Holiday so, hopefully I will transfer the deed and get my money on Friday. If not, there is always the other week. 

I am so glad to be rid of this property. It wasn't bringing a decent rent and honestly, the apartment was getting old so, repairs would start to pop here and there. It was not a great part of Ankara either. I wouldn't want to live in that neigborhood if I had returned to Ankara for good. It is not about crime or anything like that. Just not some area I like plus too many young loud kids playing in the park of the apartment complex. It is on the ground floor so, it gets real noisy.

I had bought it just because, I had some money that I wanted to use for an investment at the time. I lived in it for 17 months or so and then, it was always rented.

On another note, I will be very very isolated when I go back to Istanbul because, they say 40% of all Covid-19 cases in Turkey are in Istanbul. That is scary. So, I will be very careful and try to entertain myself at home. After all, they advise against dining indoors and all summer long we enjoyed that outside anyway. It is not something I should miss till Spring.

If I get too bored, I can always hop in my car and ride around and take a short walk by the sea. 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I hope everything goes thru smoothly for you - congrats. Having cash in the bank right now is not a bad idea and at least there will be no more headaches with regard to that property in terms of tenants/maintenance/costs. Things are ramping up with our second wave here in Canada too although my little part of the Island is still pretty safe. If I do get surgery I have to go to Vancouver where 40 percent of all of our cases are in my Province. That means staying in a hotel before (and hubby during) and eating out there (takeout), elevators, all kind of scary. Stay safe my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheapchick! You may want to take your own sheet sets for the hotel. That's what my sister does. She wipes every surface in the room including the remote controllers with sanitizer and cancels housekeeping service throughout her stay so that nothing gets touched. Thinking of you everyday. Please stay safe!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I wasn't expecting it to sell so easily.

      Delete
  3. Wow that was a fast sale. I agree it might not be a bad time to have cash on hand right now either. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete