About Me

Friday, October 2, 2020

Busy week ahead

 I have a job interview at 11 a.m. on Tuesday. It popped out of the blue and I not sure if the owner of the business really wants to hire someone for that position and if I want to go back to regular work even part-time. However, my headhunter friend who knows both of us thinks, this is a brilliant idea. We'll see about that.

After this appointment, I will hit the road to go to Ankara. On Wednesday, I will check out my apartment which is vacated as of today and return the deposit. The realtor will put it up for sale for the time being. If I do not get a good offer, I may have to rent it again. 

On Wednesday, I will also see my childhood friends. I am bringing a spare table I had to one of them. I am glad, I will finally be able to get rid of the extra table and that it will be of useful for a friend.

On Thursday or Friday, I will possibly hit the road again to go to Antalya to see uncle. My sister and BIL are also taking two weeks off and at one point we may get to see each other for a few days somewhere.

Meanwhile, I am dealing with mom's cable provider. Although I have done everything properly i.e. return the equipment with a written request for stopping the service due to death, enclosing a copy of the death certificate; they sent me a bill due on October 15th. WTF? I called them up and they told me to re-send the paperwork to a FAX MACHINE! Who uses fax machines nowadays?  Well I found a fax app which bills directly to my mobile phone. I sent the paperwork yet again. I will do it on Monday too because I have a feeling they will pretend they never received it. I will make sure to mark it "REMINDER!".

I use the same cable company and my contract will be up December 21st. I can't wait to cut it off. Amazon Prime and Netflix are enough. I do not watch anything else on TV anyway. The only problem is that I will need to find a new internet service provider because my internet comes with the cable. I am sure I will be able to find good deals by the end of the year.

When I had signed up for the service they had a good documentary package I specifically picked. Over the years they dropped some of the channels and this month they dropped Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet. That is the last straw. They also stopped showing the new seasons of the crime shows I loved to watch. I'm done with them.

I better get started on my list of the things I need to take on my vacation. I should not forget my meds and keys to all the apartments I will be staying at. 

Hope, everyone has a wonderful weekend!





2 comments:

  1. I got rid of my cable TV a good few years ago because I realized I just wasn't watching it. Haven't missed it at all either. Good luck with your job interview (if you find you would like the position)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only been watching Netflix and Youtube recently. I don't think, I will miss the cable at all.

      Delete