About Me

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Weekend

I was at the beach all day yesterday. My sister and BIL came for dinner on their way back home to Izmir and stayed overnight. They had a good time at the beach resort they went to and my BIL was upset about having to go to work. Too bad he still needs to work for another 9 years or so. He feels like he is doing time in prison. That is the extent of his dislike but hey, we all did what we had to do right?

This morning the kids (yes, I know they are 46 and 48 but, that's what we call them anyway) left around 10 a.m. I decided not to go to the beach because, probably it is too crowded on a Sunday. They do place the lounge chairs 6 feet apart but still, I did not feel comfortable.

It is going to rain possibly on Monday and Tuesday so, no beach days. Uncle and I decided to go to the Apollo Temple in Side on Tuesday. A change of pace for both of us. 

I don't know how many more days I will be here but, I guess I may be back in Istanbul early November. This is the beauty of being retired and single. I do not need to plan anything. There are cons too of course but, I have always been and still am content with what life gave me. 

I got a message and a refund for one of the swimsuits I bought online. They did not tell me which one got canceled. Bummer! I hope they canceled the black one. I so want that blue swimsuit.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.




5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice weekend. I looked at your link for the Apollo Temple. It's amazing what they were able to build that long ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing. You should check out Ephesus online when you have time. Mom was an archaeologist so, vacationing with her was truly awesome. Sigh...

      Delete
    2. oh, Ephesus is amazing too! I'll bet vacationing with your mom was so fun. Especially since she would be able to give you the history along with it, I'm sure. My dad loved history, so I can often remember dinner conversations were really learning history :)

      Delete
  2. Dreaming of the retired life - sounds fabulous! :-) And, I will always refer to the "kids" as kids, even when they are older. They will always be kids to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SIS is 7 years my junior. BIL's folks and mom used to call them kids and it stuck. My sister is the apple of my eye and she will always be the baby I kept asking for, when I was an only child. Love her to the moon and back.

      Delete