About Me

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Laundry, Cooking and Amazon Prime

Today, I washed the last load of laundry and hung them up. I put away my beach stuff and re-arranged my towel drawers. 

I cooked some navy beans that I had soaked last night. Here is the simple recipe:

2 cups of navy beans soaked in hot water the night before

1 medium onion

2 small carrots

2 tablespoons of tomato sauce OR 1 tablespoon tomato paste OR 1 medium tomato diced

3-4 tablespoons of EVOO

2-3 small garlic cloves

Salt

Dice the onions and slice the carrots. Add salt, garlic cloves and sautee them in the EVOO till the onions are translucent. Add the tomato product you are using. Sautee for another 2 minutes. Add the beans and some water. Cook on stove top with the lid on, till they are done. You need to check the water as you cook. Ideally, the beans must be cooked and there must be not much liquid left. This dish is served cold but, if you like, you can eat it warm too.

I cleaned my kitchen, arranged my pantry and made a list of groceries I need to get.

I sat down to order spare heads for my Oral-B toothbrush and decided to join the 30 day trial Amazon Prime Turkey.  I think, I will keep it after the free offer expires since, I have decided to ditch my cable subscription in December. It comes with internet but, I am sure, I can find a similar internet service for a better price.

Gotta go and fold laundry to put away. Tomorrow, I intend to dust and vacuum. 

2 comments:

  1. I thought for a minute when you said "Amazon Prime Turkey" that meant you'd get free turkeys shipped to you. lol

    ReplyDelete