About Me

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Tuesday Things and Changes After COVID-19

I went to my dentist to have him take out the stitches for the implant this morning. He also repaired a filling. I did not need anesteshia this time. Till mid-November, I am done with dental work. 

I then went to IKEA for all of 20 minutes to get what I needed. I haven't been in IKEA for almost a year now, I think.

I also  needed to go to the Post Office but, the line outside was too long. Hopefully, tomorrow I will do it early enough so that, I will not have to wait in line. After that, I will do my grocery shopping. 

I do not feel like doing anything else today but I actually do have chores to do at home. Oh well...

Life is certainly not what it used to be and it doesn't look like we shall be normal again. The number of cases are rising rapidly. It is actually worse than March/April/May but, the government isn't taking the same precautions for economy. I guess the economy is more important than human life. 

I hate this government of ours. First and foremost, they are thieves. They have no clue as to how the run the economy. They upped the taxes on the cars yet again. So, if you are buying a new car for yourself, you need to buy THREE of them for the government. Taxes are that high! They have no clue about running relationships with other nations so, it looks like the war we had fought and won 98 years ago will have to be fought again. I don't think it will be won this time because there is no genius like Ataturk running the country now. They are dragging the country to chaos having alienated every former ally. 

On top of this the stupid virus affected us in many ways. My grocery spending is significantly higher but my dining out/takeout/delivery spending is very very low. I must say, grocery prices are much higher compared to the last year too.

I run the dishwasher almost daily now since, I am preparing my meals. 

Laundry seems never ending despite the fact that I am home most days. 

I do not get to see my friends as much as I want to. I cannot hug and kiss my SIS when I see her. 

I have decided to buy a mixed bag of frozen vegetables to stick in the fridge this year. I like to have fresh veggies but, now, I really do not want to go out much and it is difficult to buy fresh, consume and go buy some more for just one person. So, I will still buy fresh but, when I am out, I will not have to rush to the store.

I usually do not like canned food but, I have bought some canned vegetables just in case. I also now keep a more dry goods than I normally do.

Ugh... I am not liking my life anymore...

8 comments:

  1. I haven't heard much about the covid situation in Turkey. It's scary that the situation is worse now than in April/May. These are difficult times aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they are. It is most depressing. Covid, mom's loss, sheltering in place... Just too much...

      Delete
  2. Dear Tpol,
    So many time I wrote you but it didn’t go through. I love your blog. I am very curious about others specially from countries similar to mine. I am originally from Algeria but live in the states., actually very close to Bloomfield college. I hope we can lget rid of Trump, Erdogan , and Putin.
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farah! I agree. We also need to get rid of all religion that meddles with politics. Secularism is the only way. BTW, back in 1990, I was enrolled in an MRP II Class (back then, it wasn't called Supply Chain yet) in Bloomfield College.

      Delete
  3. OMG! You got my message. Yes Definitly! Let’s get rid of the mullahs and all the religious fanatics that are ruining our world. I discovered your blog about 3 months ago, and I went back and read every single one. Sorry about your Mom. I also love to cook but dislike cleaning. I live in Montclair( about 2 km from Bloomfield college). Next time
    you are in the states, You are welcome to stay in my house. I am still working but thinking about retiring in 1 year or 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Farah. I am flattered that you have read all my posts. Thank you!

      Delete