About Me

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

To feel like living

I had a Zoom meeting with my colleagues about the company web site this morning. It took about an hour and a half and I totally enjoyed it. I miss being busy in a meaningful manner. I wish there were more business since it certainly helps me. It felt like I was living yet again. Mostly, I feel I am at a standstill these days so, that little meeting was good.

Today I am feeling blue. Need to keep busy. There is plenty of stupid house chores. Planning to make penne a la vodka and a side serving of sauteed veggies for dinner. 

On Friday, I am going to meet with a friend who is visiting her dad at a small town by a lake. She told me to bring my bathing suit along. It is going to be a day trip.

I am hoping to buy some vegetables on my way back. There are plenty of farmers along the road.

Here is a video that always makes me smile. Love the lyrics, love the singer more. Please pay attention to his face. So much fun!




7 comments:

  1. The monotony of the current situation definitely can be a challenge. while I don't miss going to the office every day, I do miss occasionally seeing my coworkers, and I definitely miss being able to be out & about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fu song to listen to. I had to watch it twice just to enjoy his expressions.
    Hope the blues leave you quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the video. I always loved the red army group. I saw them in my country in the early 80’s. I specially loved the folklore dances. All my professors were from the USSR AND THEY OFTEN

    Thank you for the video. It brought so many memories. I saw the Red Army in my country in the early 80’s. I also loved their folklore dances. On the other hand ‘ don’t like teaching remotely with Zoom. I can’t wait to go back to my classroom.





    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Tpol, thank you for the video. I love the Soviet red Army choir and dance group. I saw them in my country in 1980 I think. The folkloric dances were phenomenal.. I am not sure if they still exist. I am in zoom almost everyday teaching but I prefer the classroom. I receive a lot of Emails from the students who do not read the information I put on a website.Take care.
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat film clip. I enjoyed the singer yet never heard of him before. Did some research and now know lots about him. lol Funny how the West knows nothing because of the time frame(Soviet Union and cold war)when he was popular.
    It's never easy when you lose your mom, no matter how old you are. Mine has been gone 20 years as of last month and I was 41 when she died. I still miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be nice for you to have an outing at a lake with a friend on Friday. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He does have twinkling eyes doesn't he! I love that kind of music too - I saw the Red Army Choir years ago in Geneva and they were magical!

    ReplyDelete