About Me

Monday, May 24, 2021

A day that almost felt normal

Today was extremely windy so, I decided to do some shopping.  I went to a gigantic mall to hit a couple of stores. Then I went to IKEA to pick up  few items needed around this apartment. After that, I hit two different grocery stores. It took me more than three hours. It felt good to stroll around. I lmost felt normal despite the mask and the constant use of sanitizer.

I realized I missed doing this in a relaxed manner. All my grocery runs were in a rush but, today was different. The places I went to were not crowded at all. So, I did not feel threatened the way I feel these days. 

I had to warn some people to keep their social distance while waiting in line for cash registers though. Some people have no idea about personal space, social distance etc. It is amazing how they never learn. Rolling my eyes...

It is getting hot and I am still not enjoying the sea as I like. I am looking forward to June 1st for my favorite beach to open. My sister and BIL will try to take days off to spend a week with us. I am hoping they can. They are expecting to be transferred to different branches this year so, they want to take a vacation before that happens.

I have finished two of the seven books I brought with me. Yay me!


9 comments:

  1. Isn't normalcy wonderful? Enjoy your time there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to just go for a wander round the shops! I enjoy it too, all the more so since, like you say, it just isn't crowded right now. Wish it would stay that way permanently but I doubt that will happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You live in a nice, not-so-crowded place. I hate crowds, yet keep on living in Istanbul. I must be crazy.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your time!! Hope you get to your favorite beach - please share a few pics with us! I love seeing other parts of the world (to which I may never get!) :-( Stay well & healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will absolutely share more pictures.

      Delete
  4. Fully vaccinated and life slowly seeming more normal. This week I went to a choir and band concert for grandkids at their school. The director stated it had been over 400 days since the last in school concert, I remember when in March 2019 I was kind of dreading going out for 13 year old choir concert (freezing Minnesota) and then it was canceled and everything shut down. This week I had tears running down my face when they announced that. I’m not taking things for granted anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're so right! We should be thankful for every day we wake up to.

      Delete
  5. Fully vaccinated and life slowly seeming more normal. This week I went to a choir and band concert for grandkids at their school. The director stated it had been over 400 days since the last in school concert, I remember when in March 2019 I was kind of dreading going out for 13 year old choir concert (freezing Minnesota) and then it was canceled and everything shut down. This week I had tears running down my face when they announced that. I’m not taking things for granted anymore!

    ReplyDelete