About Me

Friday, May 21, 2021

Antalya!

I came here last Monday evening after a very pleasant and much needed drive. I do love driving long distances. I missed it. A lot.

Tuesday and Wednesday were very windy and I decided against swimming. And there is a bummer: My favorite beach is closed till June 1st. There is a pebble beach very close to home but, I do not like it much. Besides, the umbrella and lounge chair rental places are also closed till June 1st. So, you have to carry your chair, your own umbrella and etc.

Anyway, I went to that beach yesterday and opened the swimming season of 2021. I could not stay long at the beach because, I did not have an umbrella. After coming home and showering, I headed to a Home Depot style store to pick up one and a few other necessities like a toilet seat cover. 

Today is not a great day and it is windy with the possibility of rain showers during the day. We are not supposed to go out over the weekend till June 1st. So, tomorrow and the next day, we are home. I will go for a long walk by the sea in a couple of hours and come back by dinner time. The beach is 7 km. (4+miles) long and there is a nice walk-way and a bike-way right along the shore. 

The shower cabin is in bad shape and I decided to change it. Uncle protested that he did not want to deal with contractors but, it is leaking and falling apart. I told him, I will deal with them. I will go check out a few contractors in the area.

Here are  a couple of pictures of the pebble beach I mentioned above called Konyaalti Beach:




7 comments:

  1. Looks lovely. And that blue sky!!!! Think I've forgotten what a blue sky looks like lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really very nice. We had a rainy winter and spring so, this really perks me up.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. Just when I was ready to visit Turkey, the pandemic arrived. I love the Mediterranean coast because I grew up in one. Enjoy your Mediterranean Sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know when you make it over here. May be we can meet?

      Delete
    2. I would love that. The same to you if you visit the USA.

      Delete
  3. Hi! I have read all of your latest posts and replied like I usually do, but have been having some glitch with my phone. Some comments have posted and some have gone into the great beyond. Instead of going back to each blog and reposting my original comments (Like I could even remember what I said), I am taking the lazy way out and copying and pasting this to everyone.Be assured my responses have been their normal type. Choose one
    (a). sincere (b). pithy (c). vapid (d). sarcastic (e) encouraging (f) boring as usual.
    From now on I will comment only using the laptop. It is kinder to me!

    ReplyDelete