About Me

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Some news and St. Nicholas

My grandma on mom's side used to say "they named exhaustion, vacation!". I think she had a point. After I came back home, I was ready to tackle my car service, my endochrinologist visit and the cleaning lady. I ended up postponing all three. I never realized how tired I was. I did spend some time in Ankara but, I barely put my bottom on the couch. Did tons of laundry, ran errands for my BIL's dad, and an old couple who used to be my parents' friends. 

So, this weekend I am taking it easy. Basically knitting and drinking tea and coffee. I have a few good books lined up too.

If you recall I was doing a part-time headhunting gig and got extremely stressed and left. Well, my friend who owns the business called me a couple of weeks ago. She was very apologetic and she told me the idea I gave her turned out to be extremely helpful and she made a lot of money. She said she wanted to share some of it with me. I was so surprised and I wanted to say no but, she pressed on and she said she was soryy for the stress the job caused me and that it was partly her fault assigning me an impossible Customer. It turns aout they never hired anyone for the two positions I was trying to fill. 

To make a long story short, she paid me a nice sum of money and asked me if I would be willing to give it another go. I refused because, I have no need for this. However she pressed on and promised me I would select my own cases and that I would not do any of the stuff I was unwilling to do. So, this Monday, we will sit down and discuss this. The things she said about me made me feel good about myself but, I know she is in need of help like right away and that is why she has been so persistent. We'll see what I will finally decide on Monday. Honestly, I do not know if I want this.

Have you watched The Christmas Chronicles: Part II? In that movie Mrs. Claus tells the hids about the origins of Santa being in Turkey. So, here are some images from St. Nicholas Museum in Demre, Antalya. I must have thought I was taking a picture. That is why one of the videos is so short. I thought I had taken better pictures but, it was the end of a tiring day so, not such a great job. If interested please check out the link above.








6 comments:

  1. It's always nice to get positiv feedback and extra cash. I'd stick to your priorities though so any work you take in, works for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam! Will do as you say. I'd like to be useful and would like to make some cash but, I do not want to be stressed like I was last time.

      Delete
  2. 1) I think your friend is awesome for sharing the money with you after the fact. and 2) If you get to truly pick & choose the work, I'd consider giving it another go. It's awesome that she thinks so highly of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the money issue. I know she thinks highly of me but, her persistance may also be due to the fact that, she needs someone desperately.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Sam. While it's lovely to know you are appreciated be sure to put yourself and your own wants first (if you decide to take on the job)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. Today I spoke to my BFF (she lives in upstate NY) and she told me to just say "no". I already did that but, she kept pressing. So, tomorrrow, I will talk to her in detail. I do not want to sound like "either my way or the highway" but, I will let her know how I felt last time, how my BP was off the roof. I will suggest she finds someone who has more motivation in a few months. I will also not agree to take on more than two positions at one time.

      Delete