About Me

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Spaghetti Squash

Years and years and years we had one kind of pumpkin in this country and a few varieties of zucchini. Some people cooked some gourds locally grown and most of us even did not know about those.

During the recent 10-20 years, there have been more varieties available in grocery stores. However, I had never been able to find a sphagetti squash. Not one! 

The day before yesterday, I went to the grocery store and came accross a bunch of  different gourds. Lo and behold I found my sphagetti squash! My uncle doesn't think he will like it so, I will cook it when he goes to Ankara. Lol! 

Uncle has been having a good time in Istanbul seeing his friends and walking around. Tomorrow we will go to a Big Cat Park. It has been his dream to hold and pet a big cat cub and he may get a chance to do it tomorrow but, we do not know yet. 

I had to work for a few hours today and have a meeting tomorrow morning. We shall go out for lunch before we visit the cats.

4 comments:

  1. I keep cooked spaghetti squash in the freezer all the time. It make a pretty delicious fake pho, or a base for spaghetti sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fake pho is a great idea. Thank you for the tip. I think the rest will be fake sphagetti. I have made and frozen sauce in the summer.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Of course! Uncle was able to pet a 4 month old white lion cub. She was so sweet.

      Delete