About Me

Sunday, October 31, 2021

Summer stuff out, Winter stuff in

I just took down my trustworthy IKEA organizers to swap my summer clothing with the winter ones. Clothing items that are hung in my closet never get touched. They will keep on staying where they are hung. While I was at it, I found two brand new sweaters I bought last year and could not wear due to my size, along with two t-shirts. One, a turtleneck, the other a basic T. I asked my uncle to try them on and they fit him perfectly. These things still had tags on. Now, they have found a new owner who can actually wear them. Perfect! Due to my size, I shop men's clothing and pick up unisex items. 

I took out my winter clothes. As I get older, I need a lot less than I used to. However, I am hoping to lose more weight and need more new clothes. Lol! 

With that said, I am happy to report that I have lost another 3 pounds since last time I reported my weight. I think Intermittent Fasting and metformin are helping me lose weight. When you eat only two meals a day, controlling the calories is easier. Besides, I am mindful of what I am eating. I like sweet treats like most people but, I stay away from processed and packaged ones. I also have decided to be choosy. For instance, you can get baklava even in grocery stores but, they are mediocre to me. In my opinion, there are only a couple of places that make it really well. So, unless the treat I am having is really something worthwhile and special to eat, I will not touch it. When I do, I eat half or even less of it than I would normally eat. I am not feeling deprived of anything really and I think, I will stick to this for life.

Friday was a National Holiday, the 98th Anniversary of the foundation of the Republic of  Turkey so, uncle and I went out to see the celebrations. It was a nice and sunny day so, we even sat by the sea and had sandwiches for lunch. We walked around quiet a bit, 16K steps with small breaks and watched the parade. It took us a while, to get back home but, it was totally worth it.

One his HS buddies invited uncle over for an early dinner so, I am going to drive him there in a couple of hours. 

Hope, everyone had a good weekend.



15 comments:

  1. That is exactly how I eat. I do not like to waste calories on mediocre food.
    It's getting chilly here in Southern Illinois. We haven't had to turn on the furnace yet, but I'm sure this week we will. It's pretty chilly this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apartment complex has central heating. The management turns it on early in the morning and then around dinner time. For now, it is comfortable enough.

      Delete
  2. You're right, as we get older we don't need so many clothes - or maybe we just prefer comfort over style since we're no longer working! Either way, well done on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad we both have purged our work clothes this year. I am sure, I can get rid of even more.

      Delete
  3. Due to dh's diet restrictions I have cut way down on my calories for dinner meals the past 2 months. I got in the scale (it's in his shop bathroom) yesterday and have not lost anything. I don't need much clothes anymore either. It's nice not to need all the work/dressy clothes anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the diabetes medication is helping me with weight loss more than food.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! He was a genius. Unfortunately, we have not done such a great job with what he has given us. If we did, the current president and the government would not exist and steer us towards the hell in the Middle East.

      Delete
  5. You know those 3 pounds you lost? I found 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Well, fast gained pounds can be lost fast. Long Fall walks will take care of them.

      Delete
  6. How nice to have your Uncle visiting and congrats on the weight loss. I'm going to have to look up what the weather is like there during the year as I have no idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juhli. These days, it fluctuates between 45-65 degrees F over here. If I had the controls, I wouldn't turn on the heat just yet. People like to stay in shorts and t-shirts at home I guess.

      Delete