About Me

Monday, October 18, 2021

Part -time Gig and Socks and Some Fun Pictures

I sat down with my friend and made it very clear that I have 0 motivation for this. I also told her that I would be willing to help her till  April and I would only take two positions at a time, not more and that she needs to find someone who is retired like me but, who still needs to earn money. I could not say a firm no but, at least I laid down my terms. I also told her that if I get stressed and mess up my blood pressure, I will drop this for good. She agreed and here we go again.

For some stupid reason, yesterday I decided I needed new socks for the winter and got online to order some. Luckily, I could not find anything I liked. Then, it hit me. I went to check out my sock drawer and realized that it was overflowing. So, I took the drawer out, sorted through the socks and decided to purge half of it. I do not need any socks at all. There are brand new pairs that I cannot possibly wear out this winter. 

In the sock drawer, I found two pairs of leggings that can be worn under jeans in cold days. I was plannng to buy some sweatpants and I decided not to. The jeans and leggings will be just fine. Besides, I am losing weight. I do not need anything in my current size.

Now I am thinking that I need underpants. Tomorrow's chore is to check out the underwear drawer. I am sure, there are many worn pairs that I need to toss and may be I need a few new pairs but, I doubt that.

I should constantly remind myself that I do not need any clothing items including footwear.

Here are  some more images from my vacation. At our last hotel, they had a day of Oktoberfest. There are some pictures from that too.


Someone decided to turn the poor VW Beetle into a piece of art at a Cafe in Bodrum

A shopping area in Fethiye



Harvest time

Not a fan of macaroons but they were colorful




6 comments:

  1. Hi Tpol. I wrote a long comment on the last posting but it didn’t go through for some reason. Your mom is in a peaceful place and there was nothing you could’ve done to ovoid the outcome. Great pictures. Love reading your blogs. Big hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for setting your boundaries with your friend hon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It felt right and I think she gets me. I like running OPS, solving problems, prioritizing work, heading a team. That is what I do best in my own capacity. Being so result-oriented, neither headhunting nor consulting really appeal to me.

      Delete
  3. Nice that you decided what you are, and are not willing to do!
    I am not a macaroon fan either, but I do think they are beautiful to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they tasted like they looked. For me they are just too sweet.

      Delete