About Me

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Uncle is going to visit me

My uncle is going to come for a visit on Wednesday. I am glad, he finally made up his mind to move a little bit. A week after mom's passing, he went to Antalya and never went back to Ankara or visited us. He does not have many friends over there, only a handful. 

Here in Istanbul, he has some beloved friends whom he does not get to see often and we can do fun things together as well. I think he will take the train to go to Ankara when he is done visiting me. He needs a change of pace for sure. 

In my spare room, I keep the bed with just a cover and a bunch of pillows on top so that, sometimes I can use it like a day bed or sort of like a sofa. Now I need to make the bed and fish out his pajamas he had left last time. 

Today, I finally managed to clear the stuff I dumped on my dinner table when I came back from vacation. I put on a new tablecloth with Fall colors and placed my fake sunflowers on it. I love homes that are decorated for every season but, I am too lazy to do it for my home. Just small stuff. I would like to get a big pot of mums. They remind me of my grandma on my mom's side. She had beautiful mums in her garden and she loved them.

Last time I went to the endochrinologist, he put me on metformin for Type 2 diabetes. First few weeks, I felt a bit nauseous. Nowadays, I do not have much of an appetite. I am going to see him on Wednesday morning and will tell about this.

Tomorrow, I will be meeting with the friend who insists I work with her. Wish me luck! 

I am prepared to tell her that I truly do not have any motivation for this and that she should find someone else who does, within a few months. For now, I will help her by taking only two positions to fill at a time and see how this goes. If it goes well, may be I will take on two more. If not, I will bow out for good. Meanwhile, she absolutely has to look for a long-term person. I do not intend to continue beyond early Spring, if that.

When I sat down to think of this work subject, I have realized that it also brings memories of the extremely hard times during mom's hospitalization and passing. So, my reluctance is possibly because of that too. I was feeling way too depressed up until last May when I went for a long visit to my uncle in Antalya. Ever since, I have been OK but, nowadays, the rainy colder days and lack of sunlight are affecting my mood again. May be at the back of my mind, I am associating this work with mom's sickness and feeling responsible for not being with her at the time. If I were in Ankara, may be I would recognize that her health was not good, may be I could have taken her to a different doctor. All these make me choke up even as type them. I do not know... 

I hope, uncle's visit will lift my mood back up.



9 comments:

  1. Enjoy the visit with your Uncle!! I have taken to decorating our office, we'll decorate by my mom for Christmas!! I hope your friend listens to you and finds your replacement, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your friend will cling to you "helping" her until you firmly close the door on it. Warm up your voice with saying no. I also feel down right now as I do each year - I had a very bad time one year in this time frame so I think that is always triggered this time of year. Take extra good care of yourself. We will get through this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sillygirl. Yes, we will get through this. I coud not say the firm "no" but, I made myself very clear.

      Delete
    2. The NO will come. Be gentle with yourself.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure this will be a good visit for both of you to have. Stick to your gut instincts about this job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I spoke to her today. I made my terms clear and we'll see.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad your uncle is coming to visit - I'm sure it will do you both a lot of good. And well done for putting your own wants and needs before those of your friend. "No" is indeed a complete sentence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It will be good for both of us. Thank you.

      Delete