About Me

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Busy Weekend

SIS and BIL came past midnight on Friday. Despite the fatigue, they woke up early in the morning and went to see their friend who was going to have surgery. SIS and BIL are friends with this couple since they went to the banking school together. They are really nice people who always showed up to support us when we had health issues and deaths in the family over the past 27 years.

Their friend F (the wife) was so pleased to see them before she was taken to the operating room. SIS and BIL came back and we had brunch at their favorite place right where I live. Then we decided to go in a couple of stores before we checked to see if the surgery was over. As soon as we went in the first store, M (the husband) called to say that the surgery was almost over but, it was worse than the doctor had expected. They even had to take 80% of her intestines and gave her a colostomy which hopefully will be temporary. I realized that they were anxious to go back to the hospital to support M so, I suggested that we should all go.

I got to meet F's older sister who was a nervous wreck. We bonded immediately being older sisters and I tried to comfort her a bit. We spent quiet a while at the hospital so that F's big sister could go in the ICU for a few minutes to see her sister. We had coffee and another couple joined us for a while longer.

It was even past dinner time when we finally came out of the hospital so, I took SIS and BIL to a very nice fish restaurant dating back to my birth year, 1967. I had never taken them there before because, they rarely come to Istanbul and also, it is on the European side far from my home. As always, it was awesome.

This morning, I let them sleep in a little, while I prepared breakfast. We all chilled after breakfast and around 2.p.m.  they left for the hospital yet again to see their friend M before they hit the road. As I am typing this, they probably have another hour to drive.

I finally popped my roaster in the oven late in the afternoon and had a nice dinner. The bird yielded enough meat for two nice meals, two sandwiches, a chicken pot pie and some breast meat for chicken salad. The carcass is on the stove for stock. I am having a repeat of today's dinner tomorrow and chicken pot pie on Tuesday and leftover CPP on Wednesday. Too many chicken dinners in a row but it's OK.

I am going to wash the bed sheets and towels my SIS and BIL used, tomorrow. I also need to run the vacuum again.

I have been contemplating about buying a robot vac but, I am not sure. Does anybody have one? If you do, what kind/brand do you have and do you like it?

5 comments:

  1. Oh no, I hope the surgery proves to be successful. Glad you guys could be there to support. I have never had a robot vaccuum but I hear the Roomba is the one to get (but I think it is the most popular too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely for your sister's friend that she has so many people that care about her. And as for that roaster, that was one helluva a rubber chicken to get so many meals out of it!

    ReplyDelete