About Me

Friday, October 7, 2022

Must be getting old...

Today I decided to do some shopping and cook up a few dishes so that, I will not have to think about cooking during the coming 4-5 days.

I bought two steaks, some chopped meat, tomatoes, peppers, string beans and a quarter of a cabbage. Cabbages were GI-GAN-TIC! I am glad they were also selling quarters and halves. Otherwise, I wouldn't buy it.

As soon as I got home, I attacked the cabbage. Separated enough leaves to stuff and roll for dinner. Chopped some finely for cole slaw and chopped the rest to cook. I also chopped enough onions for all the recipes.

I prepared my meat and rice mixture and stuffed the cabbage rolls and started cooking this for dinner. Then I stuffed the tomatoes and peppers and also put them on the stove. I prepared the green beans , took out some previously cooked chopped meat from the freezer, sauteed some onions, added a spoonful of tomato paste and put them all together in the pressure cooker. 

It was time for dinner and by that time the cabbage rolls were done. I sat down and OMG! it was the worst cabbage rolls I have ever eaten! Guess what? I forgot to add salt to the meat mixture and forgot to add oil. I ate them anyway but now I know my tomatoes and peppers will be terrible too. Sigh... I guess I will need to salt them when I am eating them.

When the beans were cooked and the pressure cooker became available I cooked the rest of the cabbage with some rice, sauteed onions and a generous amount of crushed red pepper. At least that turned out to have enough oil and salt. 

Anyway, I now have enough food for the next few days. Mission is somewhat accomplished.



3 comments:

  1. Hi! The background of sunflowers on a mobile device makes your blog SO hard to read the words now. Just letting you know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed too! But didn’t want to comment as anon. Thanks for changing it. Lots better.

    ReplyDelete