About Me

Monday, October 3, 2022

Ordinary but sad Monday....

I have been devastated by the news about a man who was 10 years my junior from my High School. He was a guitar player and a soloist working at this club/bar for years. Last Saturday night, he had been ambushed by three men bearing broken glasses. Why? Because, he did not know the words to a song requested by these killers. Unfortunately, he died within hours leaving beahind a 5 year old little girl. I am so sorry about this. It is a rare occasion that I shed tears after people I do not personally know but this time, I just cannot hold back the tears. The Alumni of my HS are furious. The Police arrested the three guys and we are skeptical that justice will be served because two of them work for a Government Ministry and one works for a prominent Defence Contractor. These people possibly will be protected by the supporters of this current atrocious government. Laws do not apply to them. We shall see.

So, I guess, we should be thankful for every single day that we are breathing and our loved ones are fine. 

Life goes on, so today I went to IKEA for a couple of things I needed. I did not buy anything that was cute and totally unnecessary. For a moment I was tempted to buy some tea lights but, then remembered, I still have a bunch of them somewhere.

I went into the grocery store, got fish for tomorrow night's dinner, went to the Pharmacy because they owed me a couple of meds from last week and got back my jeans which needed hemming from the tailor.

I had been considering to empty out my sideboard to see if there were anything that I could get rid of and yes! I found three nesting bowls which need to washed by hand, a cheeseboard, a picture frame and an old manual blood pressure monitor that no longer works. I got rid of them immediately. I also found a bunch of tablecloths which do not fit my two tables. I asked my SIS and Uncle to send me the measurements of their tables before I give them away. And sure enough, I found the tea lights.

I have quite a stash of  kitchen towels and linens I bought from the US during my travels. Needless to say, they are all sunflower themed. The ones being currently used are still in good shape so, these will be put back on the shelves till they will be needed. 

I used to display lots of pictures of my family but, lately I decided that I do not want to look at them. There are more deceased people than living. For the moment, they upset me so, I have boxed them up and put them away till I feel differently.


10 comments:

  1. Oh that is so so sad. I hope those men are brought to justice - that is just disgusting behaviour. People are so sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad! What in the world is wrong with people?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just cannot understand how someone can kill another?

      Delete
  3. I am sorry to hear about the violence against a fellow alumnus. One can only hope for justice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s unbelievable! These 3 criminals should be hanged. I hope the community will rise in protests until justice is done. The world has gone mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no capital punishment here. I can only hope for life without parole at a maximum security place. Hopefully cell confinement.

      Delete
  5. I'm so so sad and appalled to hear of that young man's death! If it's possible it's even more appalling to hear that you think those "men" (and I use the term lightly) will probably get off with it - and that you may well be right! I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already those three men and their girlfriends are lying through their teeth. It's disgusting.

      Delete