About Me

Friday, February 14, 2020

Cauliflower Patties

Today, I have tried a new recipe. I made cauliflower patties. They were really yummy. If anyone is interested, here is a rough recipe:

1 Small Cauliflower
1 egg
1/cup bread crumbs
1 medium onion
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil
1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)

Boil or steam the cauliflower till it is really cooked. Should be easy to mash. Let it cool and mash it up. Shred the onion and mix everything together real well. You may add 1/2 cup grated cheese if you like but, I did not. If the mixture cannot be shaped since it is watery, you may add more breadcrumbs or flour. I did not have to.

I oiled the baking paper on a baking sheet and shaped the mixture into egg-sized patties. I brushed them with olive oil and baked them till their color turned goldish. They were pretty tasty. I dipped them in hot sauce and sweet and sour sauce while I was eating them. Yum!

Mom and I like to eat only veggies for one meal and meat and salad for the other.







2 comments:

  1. this sounds really yummy - I will have to make them once the price of cauliflowers comes down, at the moment they are $8 each here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! They are very cheap here this time of the year.

      Delete