About Me

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Not a great day

Yesterday I felt the right side of my throat was aching slightly. I ran my errands and did not think much of anything else. Last night, I woke up not only with the sore throat but also, my stomach and esopaghus on fire. It felt like I had swallowed acid.

Luckily, the medicine drawer is in my room and I found a bottle of Gaviscon. I took a table spoonful and the burn gradually went away. I attribute that to eating too much spicy hot food lately. Today I ate very bland food and my stomach feels completely normal. The throat soreness is also fading away too.

So, I am taking it easy today. Tomorrow I need to drop off extra clothing items, sheets and things like that at a charity place and also go grocery shopping. It looks like snow is on our way so, I must stock up on certain items so that we do not have to go out next week if we do not have to.

Today started as a sunny and bright day but it quickly changed and now it is raining and snowing at the same time. The temperature has dropped significantly as well.

Then there are sad news affecting the nation; an avalance that took 33 lives, a plane crash during a bad landing which killed 3 passengers so far. Feeling very down.

Hoping for something uplifting. Soon, please...


10 comments:

  1. *hug* I hope you feel better soon. And I understand your sorrow, so much tragedy just about everywhere. I hope something uplifting comes your way today

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate heartburn, especially when trying to sleep. I'm glad you are feeling better. That is sad news about the accidents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had to go to the ER or something at first. Was terrible.

      Delete
  3. It's good you're taking it easy today. It was very sad about the avalanche and plane crash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the news about the avalanche, so sad. It seems good news is in short supply these days. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw those two disasters in Turkey on the news and thought of you.
    Such sad happenings but glad you weren't flying or skiing that day. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking about me. I used to fly that route on that same airline quite frequently few years ago.

      Delete